Chapter 6 - Meeting with Father, Part 1

She's hurt, mentally and emotionally,
But everyday, she walks with a smile, 'Cause that's just who are is: The girl who never stopped smiling.
---------------------------------------------

Kayleigh's POV

   I raised my hand and timidly knocked on the door to my father's office.

   "Who is it?" He asked.

   "Kayleigh." I answered simply.

   "Come in then." He said.

   I took a deep breath, then opened the door and walked into my father's office.

   "You're late girl." He said.

   I nodded. "I'm sorry, I had an appointment and I suppose my mind was on that." I said.

   "You promised you'd be here on time. Do you have any idea how much work I could have been doing instead of waiting for you?" My father asked, leaning towards me.

   Knowing my father, he probably wasn't waiting for me at all. His secretary probably reminded him about our meeting a couple hours after he 'waited' for me.

   "I'm sorry Father, it won't happen again." I said.

   "This incident corresponds well with what I need to tell you." He said, grabbing a paper from one of the folders on his desk.

   I almost frowned, but caught myself just in time. "What do you mean?" I asked.

   My father turned back towards me. "You are only a high schooler." He said.

   "I'm eighteen Father. That's an adult in the eyes of the law." I said.

   "Still, much too young to raise a child. Maybe you are married, but I don't believe you are able to care for your house, husband, schooling and your child." He said.

    "Father, I graduate school two months before the baby is born." I said.

   "Nonetheless, you are to young to raise a child." My father said, spinning slowly around in his office chair.

   This time I didn't hide my frown. "What do you mean?" I asked, a suspicion scaring me.

   "Kayleigh, your mother and I will be raising your baby."

---------------------------------------------

Here comes Drama!