Chapter 13 - Cook and Run

I think I'm afraid to be happy because whenever I do get too happy, something bad always happens.
---------------------------------------------

Kayleigh's POV

I stepped into the kitchen and started making breakfast, sneaking glances at the stairs every couple of minutes.

When breakfast was just about ready, a girl walked down the stairs and out the front door. I looked back at the pot I was stirring.

That girl wasn't even very pretty. Yet Jack noticed her! Why doesn't he notice me? I shook myself from my thoughts and pored the cereal into a bowl, then set it at the table for Jack.

I quickly grabbed some spinach, apples, orange juice, yogurt, and mangos. I put all my ingredients into a blender, and made myself a quick smoothie.

I smiled as I grabbed my lunch bag, and put the smoothie inside, and then put my backpack on.

I rang the dinner bell, then bolted out of the house as fast as I could. Once the door shut behind me, I breathed a sigh of relief.

"You ready to go Miss?" Eddie asked me.

I smiled. "Yes. Could we please stop at the bakery before school?" I asked.

Eddie opened the car door for me to get in. "Of course Miss." He said.

I got into the car, taking off my backpack and setting it on the seat behind me.

Once Eddie shut my door, I opened my lunch bag and took out the smoothie and a straw. This wasn't even close to the first time I used the cook and run method, and it probably wouldn't be the last.

---------------------------------------------

She did a cook and run. Idk why I had to declare that but whatever!