Chapter 19 - Reality

The difference between you and me is that when you wake up,

your nightmare ends.

---------------------------------------------

~Couple Hours Later~

Kayleigh's POV

   I stepped out of the school building, and looked around the road. I was walking home today, something I didn't mind. I could use the exercise, and it's a nice winter day out.

   "Kayleigh, wait up." I heard a voice say.

   I turned around. "What?" I asked.

   "You did great in the debate today." Gabe said.

   I smiled. "Thanks. You did well to." I said, then started walking to my house.

   Gabe followed me. "But you did amazing. You must have done so much research to be able to debate  like that." He said.

   I frowned. "I didn't do any research." I said, not sure what he meant.

   "Then how did you do so well?" Gabe asked, looking confused.

   "The trick is to argue a topic you believe." I said softly.

   Gabe was silent for a moment. "You believe that?" He asked. "That love is just a word?"

   "Believe it? It's reality." I said. "Love is just a word."

   "But it isn't." Gabe said.

   I smiled. "I won didn't I?" I asked, then I walked away quickly, and I didn't hear his response.

Gabe's POV

   I looked at Kayleigh, and watched her walk away. "You're wrong Kayleigh. You might have won the debate, but if you don't know the feeling of love... You lost." I said.

---------------------------------------------

So, I did a bit of Gabes POV...