Chapter 9 - Crepes

I have this happy personality and a sad soul in one body. It feels weird sometimes.
---------------------------------------------

Kayleigh's POV

I took a deep breath, then walked into my house calmly, like nothing had happened.

"Kayleigh, dinner should have been ready by now. And make sure you have enough for three people." Jack said.

"I'll get right on it." I said, setting down my purse and grabbing my apron.

As upset as I was that Jack would have someone from my high school as his apprentice, I did have a little hope that it would stop him from hanging out with all the office girls, and that would be nice.

I grabbed my pink recipe box, and flipped through recipes until I found the one I was looking for.

I smiled and set the recipe card on the counter, then put the box away before coming back to the counter.

"I need flour, eggs, salt, butter, milk and water." I said aloud, hurrying around the kitchen to gather up the items.

I then measured out the flour, and put it in a bowl where I had already cracked the egg. Then, I whisked those two ingredients together quickly.

I took a teaspoon of butter and put it in the microwave to melt, then measured out the water and milk.

   I put the melted butter and pinch of salt into the bowl, then whisked them together. I continued whisking as I pored the milk and water mixture in.

I pored some of the mixture on the griddle, and cooked them accordingly.

I set all the finished crepes on a plate, then set the plate on the table. Then, I set the table, and put the jams out, along with the powered sugar.

Then, I quickly washed my hands and took off my apron, then rang the dinner bell.

---------------------------------------------

Guys, I did it. I wasn't sure if I wanted to or not cause this book is kinda like my newborn, something I'm keeping very close to me, but I did it. I entered Unloved, Married and Pregnant... at 18??? in the 2016 wattys!!!! I'm so nervous, but time was running out so... Here we go!