Chapter 42 - Time

She was getting better... But then she remembered what she was trying to get away from, she remembered the things that year her apart.
Now, she's back at the start.
--------------------------------------------

~A Month Later~

Hettie's POV

   I walked into my husbands office and sat down. "Timothy, it seems like there's something we can do." I said.

   Timothy sighed. "Hettie, we are going to free her from this marriage. Other than that... I have no clue what we can do." He said.

   I closed my eyes for a minute. "I worry about her more than I worry about our children." I said.

   Timothy looked at me. "I know Hettie, I know. But there's not much we can do." He said.

   "She cries herself to sleep every night. Her pillow is wet every morning when I make her bed. She hasn't unpacked her things because she's afraid she'll have to run. She doesn't even trust us." I said, about to start crying myself.

   "Come here." Timothy said.

   I walked over to the other side of the room and sat down in his lap.

   "Hettie, the best thing we can do for her is be there. We can comfort her, and try to show her how much we care about her." Timothy said, hugging me.

   "She's still mourning her daughter." I said softly.

   Timothy's gaze hardened. "That, we will use in court. Jack had no business doing any thing like that without her permission." He said.

   I looked at Timothy. "Is that why Jennie left?" I asked. 

   Timothy sighed. "I would assume so. She probably didn't want to report back to the agency and say she failed her mission, so she ran." He said.

   I smiled. "She will show up." I said.

   Timothy nodded. "I'm sure she will," he said.

   I looked at the clock. "Darn it, my lunch break is almost over. I have to get back to work." I said.

   Timothy kissed me. "I'll see you at home." He whispered.

   I smiled and kissed him again. "Alright." I said, then reluctantly left the room.

Kayleigh's POV

   "Tatum, I'm going to go check on your brother. You may stir up the salad." I said.

   Tatum nodded, and then, after she took the spoon I handed her, moved her stool over to the counter.

   I left the kitchen, and headed in the direction of Sean's room.

   "Sean?" I asked, opening his door.

    "Playing tain." He said.

   I laughed. "Well, please set down your trains for now. Lunch is almost ready, and you need to get your hands washed." I said.

   Sean smiled at me, then set his trains on the train tracks. "Up." He demanded.

   I smiled and picked the little boy up, and carried him to the bathroom. "Ok Sean, let's get your hands washed so you can eat." I said, giving him the bar of soap.

   "Soap!" He said, rubbing it back and forth in his hands.

   I carefully took the soap from him. "Ok, now rinse then off." I said, turning on the water.

   Sean laughed as the water hit his hands.

   "Ok silly. Let's get your hands dried off." I said, giving him the towel. I turned off the faucet, then helped him dry his hands.

   "Ok, now you have to walk to the kitchen." I said.

   Sean looked at me for a minute before he started walking.

   I smiled, and followed him to the kitchen.

"I put the salad on the table." Tatum said.

I smiled and put Sean into his high chair. "Ok, then let's eat." I said.