Chapter 22 - Cheating

I am bent
          But not broken.
I am scarred
          But not disfigured.
I am sad
          But not hopeless.
I am tired
          But not lifeless.
I am afraid
          But not powerless.
I am angry
          But not bitter.
I am depressed
          But not giving up.

---------------------------------------------

Kayleigh's POV

  I stepped into the kitchen, then breathed a sigh of relief. Jack hadn't seen me. Now, all I had to do was have a large meal ready in a half hour.

    I opened the fridge, and looked inside. "Let's see, we have..." I trailed off as I searched for ingredients to use for dinner.

A couple minutes later, I had a small pile of ingredients. I locked the kitchen door, then grabbed my bright pink MP3 player.

I flipped though my music, then smiled as I saw my nightcore playlist. I put my earbuds in, made sure they were connected, then hit play.

Rule #1
Is that you gotta have fun
But baby when you're done
You gotta be the first to run

Rule #2
Don't get attached to
Somebody you could lose
So le-let me tell you

This is how to be a heartbreaker
Yeah boys they like a little danger
We'll get em fallin for a stranger
A player
Singing I la-la-love you

This is how to be a heartbreaker
Boys they like the look of danger
We'll get em fallin for a stranger
A player
Singing I la-la-love you
At least I think I do

I sang along to the song while I made up a quick broccoli dish. "Someday, I'll be able to play my music without earbuds." I whispered.

Someone knocked on the kitchen door, and I walked over to it and opened it. "Gabe?" I asked in surprise.

Gabe walked into the kitchen, then shut and locked the door behind him.

"What are you doing?" I asked, hands on my hips.

"Jack has a girl with him." Gabe said.

I laughed. "Gabe, Jennie comes over almost every day." I said.

"No, it's not Jennie! It's another girl! He's cheating on Jennie!" Gabe said.

"And so?" I asked, putting on my oven mitt before I walked over to the oven.

"And so that's bad!" Gabe said. "What, do you think boys should just cheat on their girlfriends?" He asked.

I opened the oven and took my dish out. "Well, no. But Jack can do whatever he wants." I said.

"I have to tell Jennie!" Gabe said.

"Gabe. Jack can do whatever he wants. Including fire you." I said. "And, he's powerful and rich, so he could sue you too."

Gabe just looked at me in stunned silence.

"That's what I thought. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go serve dinner." I said, walking past him.

I served dinner, then ran upstairs to my sewing room right away. "It's true. Jack is cheating on Jennie with that girl, and he's cheating on me with both that girl and Jennie." I said.

I sighed, then laughed. "At least I won't be the only one who wants revenge." I whispered.

---------------------------------------------
NIGHTCORE! How to be a heartbreaker and take a hint are my fav nightcore songs.