Chapter 1

(Charlie's POV)
I rubbed my eyes and sat up in my bed. The light shone through my window of my creepy, four roomed apartment. And by creepy, I mean random creaking noises. Sometimes I hear whistling, and on rare occasions, I will find the sink in the kitchen running for no reason. I've never had a problem with it, but it just gives me the heebegeebies..
     I strode into the kitchen absentmindedly and glanced down at my dining table. It had the paper from yesterday with another headline about the Ghostbusters. I picked it up and looked at the picture. From left to right it was Raymond Stanz, Peter Veinkman, Egon Spengler, and Winston Zeddmore. I took a second glance at Egon.
"Well he's a handsome fella..."
I thought to myself. His hair seemed almost perfect in an imperfect way. It was shaggy but kept its shape. Just like my uncontrollable brown bush of hair on top of my head, except its so uncontrollable, I can only keep it in a ponytail, or in a bun. His deep black/brown eyes were very captivating and bright, but looked like they have seen many things that would keep him up at night, as evidence by the dark circles under his eyes. His glasses framed his face perfectly and made his eyes seem brighter. The dork in me has always wanted to meet him, but I have no reason to. I want to have a reason to be standing in front of a man like Mr. Spengler. So I put the idea out of my head once more.
     I skimmed through the article underneath the picture to get the Reader's Digest version.
"Blah blah blah... Caught another ghost... Blah blah... Cleansing the city... Blah blah blah blah... Heros of the 80's... Blah blah bla-"
      I stopped at a pair of words that seemed to stand out to me. "...Help wanted..." And I kept reading, but more intently.
"The highly popular Ghostbusters are looking for help in the office. As the employees are low, all the calls are not getting through and not enough ghosts are being caught. If you are interested, please call the number below and set up an appointment with our head secretary Jeneine Melnitz, and come to the Ghostbusters HQ to get the job. We hope to see you there!"
     I processed the thought of being a secretary at the Ghostbusters HQ. I have been looking for a job for the longest time and I figured the job might come with a steady paycheck considering how much business they were getting. So I marched to the living room, picked up the phone and dialed the number and waited for the ring.
"Ghostbusters, how may I help you."
Spoke through the phone. It took me a moment to find my words, but I got there.
"Hi, yes... Is this Jeneine Melnitz speaking? I'm calling about the ad in the newspaper, I would like to set up a job interview"
Her voice changed from monotone to colorful and exciting.
"Oh! Excellent! Yes, this is Jeneine speaking! It would be great to have you on board! Can I get your name sweetheart?"
Her excitement caught me off guard, but I continued to set up the appointment.
"Um, yeah. My name is Charlie Stevens... If you would like, we could have the interview tomorrow, I am free tomorrow."
She seemed to get more excited with every passing second.
"Oh of course hun! Tomorrow is perfect! I will see you tomorrow hun!"
Jeneine hung up and I stretched out on the sofa and closed my eyes thinking about the interview. Somehow, the thought of meeting Mr. Spengler creeped into my mind again, but this time, I let it stay. My eyes shot open to the sound of running water. I sat up and turned my torso to the kitchen sink, which had been turned on, and is flowing with cold water. I got up, shut it off, and laid back down and escaped reality with my thoughts.
"It's gonna be an exciting day tomorrow."
My mind continued to race until I dozed off and eventually took a morning nap... What a great way to start the day...