Chapter 15

"How are you back?... Last time I saw you..."
"I made a full recovery Charlotte. I don't know how long you were out, but I just woke up and the doctor gave me the OK and I was out of there."

     I looked back at Winston and Ray who followed me out, Ray had a dazed look on his face and Winston just shrugged his shoulders. I jumped into Egons arms and wrapped my arms around his waist. I buried my face into his chest where I could hear a strong heartbeat. He was back, safe, and healthy.
   I turned back again to see Winston with a big smile on his face and Ray who was nowhere to be seen. I look back up at Egon and smiled as big as I could, my neck muscles we're straining.

Things were finally going to go back to normal.

*a few months later*

     I think I noticed as time went on, things weren't the same. My time with Egon and my time at work had been equally split down the middle. I was only allowed to talk to him when he wasn't working, he seemed to be working 24/7 because he constantly took his calculator and a little black notebook with him everywhere he went. His excuse was always:
"I'm conducting an experiment with Ray. It's going well but you don't need to know about it."
    His mood swings were so rapid and he became so difficult to keep up with. One day he would be all over me and head-over-heels, next he would be so pissed off I couldn't even touch him, then next he would be so clingy I couldn't get anything done. I want to talk with him but the only time I think we aren't working and actually spending time together is the Christmas party coming up next week on the 23rd.
     Egon has also been keeping his office locked day in and day out. I don't think I have been in a more controlling relationship than this one. I love Egon, but I'm miserable. I think once the Christmas party rolls around, I'm going to get to the bottom of what Egon is working on. It's not my paranormal issue because if it was, Ray and Egon would both leave to explore my apartment (which has been condemned on behalf of the Ghost Busters).
    I think this is the only chance I have to find out what is wrong with Egon, or this just may be the end of our relationship. I can't stand it anymore.