Chapter 14

I sat on the chair staring blankly at Ray and Winston. It was difficult to process this information because it all shot out at me at once. I assumed saying my apartment being "haunted" was just scratching the surface. It was being possessed by an ancient Egyptian demon named Apep. Fantastic.
     The best part about all of this was that not only was he possessing my apartment, but he was also trying to possess me. Even bigger fantastic. I started to consider all the options. I could A: stay in my possessed dangerous apartment that I will inevitably get dragged back to, B: I could stay at the firehouse overnight and not worry about getting attacked (but what about laundry, and bathroom business? Also, I'm NOT sleeping on that musty old couch.), or C: ...I could move back to Pennsylvania with my dad, become a nun and be surrounded by the holy light of God. All options except for C sounded the most reasonable, but C was the only one that would keep me the safest.
     It was a difficult decision to make. I felt that it needed a third party's opinion... I'll ask the guys.

Asking Ray:
"No! Absolutely not! You aren't going back to your apartment and get possessed, and I can't stand another second without you in the office. Neither can Janine! While you were gone the last time in PA, she stacked up four times her paperwork. You can't leave the state or else you will be in danger! Stay at the firehouse and we can guard your safety."

Asking Winston:
      "Personally I think you could just move back to PA. My dad is head pastor at a baptist church near you. If I put a word in he could consider taking you in- not making you a nun, but when the situation is explained, he could bless you and you would be safe in the church. He does it all the time. No biggie. Be as safe as you can, Charlie." 

Asking Peter:
     "Hell, I say go for living in your apartment. Personally, you should show that lizard who the hell is boss! If he tries to eat your face again then you punch him in the face! No biggie if he eats your hand and possess your body and takes control of the world and raises an army of the dead! You die a hero and become a skin-suit for a Demon-God! That's badass!!!" 

... Yeah I wasn't choosing that one...

Asking Janine:
"Oh to hell with all those other options! You could stay with me and Louis! We have a nice little apartment a ways downtown. You would love it! You can have the spare bedroom next to ours... just... turn the TV up really loud after 7:00..."

    The only person left to ask was Egon. He was still in the hospital and probably super drugged up to even think clearly. I grabbed my coat and headed out the door. I decided to go back to PA. Without Egon I don't think I'm safe... thats why I think Apep attacked him in my apartment. To get him out of the way. I was ready to head back and start again in PA. I couldn't do it anymore. I had to be safe again.
      Just as I opened the door, I saw a hollow version of a man that I knew. He stood in the doorway and shot me that trademark crooked smile. His suspenders made divots in his shoulders- just like how I remembered it. He looked slightly paler, but the warm glow in his cheeks returned, the way he carried himself was prouder and taller. He was back.
"Egon..."
"Charlotte..."