Chapter 9

A pain in my chest dropped me to my knees. It wasn't anything paranormal, no... it was something else. Maybe it was the fact that I was a millisecond away from having an escapade with someone I have been interested in, maybe it was the fact that the same man was unconscious on my floor, or maybe it was this mans life leaving his body as his blood stained my cherry oak tile in my bedroom. But that was the least of my worries. I was panicking.
     I grabbed the shirt that I removed from Egon just moments ago, I balled it up and pressed firmly on his wounds to try and stop the bleeding. Once I applied pressure, Egon screamed in pain.
"Ah! Fuck!"
    I tried to calm him down with words and his screaming only seemed to get louder with the pressure.
"Egon! I'm so sorry, I know it hurts! But I need to stop the bleeding!"
     He began to gasp for breath, but pushed me on.
"Keep... Going!"
  I continued to apply pressure and that was when Egon's arm began to twitch. He lifted it partially and attempted to point at his back pocket.
    "Phone... Ray.."
   With one hand I continued the pressure on Egon's back, with the other, I attempted to search through his contacts to find Ray. My hands were shaking with the pressure and built up anxiety that I had dropped the phone. I quickly retrieved it and found His name in the contact list. Once I heard the ring I put the phone on speaker and dropped it on the floor. An un expecting Raymond Stanz picked up the phone and had a lighthearted greeting for who he thought was Egon.
    "Egon! Buddy! What's shakin?"
  "Ray?! Ray! I need you!"
     "Charlie?! What's going on?! Where's Egon?!"
    I sputtered and screamed between my sobs as I continued to apply pressure. Witnessing this man have the color drain from his face.. I grew scared..
     "Just get the fuck over here! He doesn't have much time! Please!"
    "Oh god... I will be right there. Stay with him, Charlie!"
     I mimicked Ray's words and yelled at Egon as if he was at the end of a tunnel.
"Stay with me, Egon! You can't leave now! I won't  let you leave!"
   Egon lifted his head and made eye contact with me
"Charlotte... "
   He began to close his eyes and My cries and wails grew louder.
"No! Egon! You can't leave me now! I love you too much!"
    Egon lifted his eyes and looked up at me. His big brown eyes punched a hole straight through my chest. The shirt was soaked in his blood. I was losing time and Ray wouldn't be here for god knows how long. I threw the shirt to the side and looked around the room to find something else... I looked at my bed and the brightest lightbulb went off in my head. I snatched the comforter off of my bed- fresh fabric and more surface area. I slung it to the opposite side of Egon from where I was sitting and balled up a portion of the blanket, and applied pressure. His tears streaming down his face were unbearable to watch. I heard my apartment door burst open and Ray's anxious voice from the other room.
"Charlie?! Charlie?!"
   My head snapped up to the sound of his voice and my forehead was drenched in sweat from my low hanging bangs. I screamed Ray's name for help.
"RAY! RAY! IN MY BEDROOM!"
  It sounded like more than one person charging the bedroom door, which appeared to be locked on the inside, but once again, heard a massive bang on the door and in stepped Winston- who most likely broke down the door- he looked down at Egon, and shifted his eyes over to me. A pale white, blood-soaked, half-naked girl in hysteria. I saw Ray rush to Egon's side and Winston and Peter stepped to my aid. A ringing in my ears drowned out the sound of their voices and I collapsed onto the Cherry-oak hardwood floor.