8. I've missed this

Chapter Eight

Alex's POV

"One second. Let me just..." My mum trailed off as she sorted the collar of my shirt out and brushed all the hairs off my shirt. She then made sure there were no creases in my shirt and pulled my shirt down so it didn't look all messy.

"Mum." I hissed at her. "I'm just taking her to the park."

"You're going on a date to the park?" My mum asked.

I nodded my head. "Demi isn't big on fancy." I explained to her.

My mum chuckled before she placed her hand over her mouth. "I can't believe my baby is going on a..."

"Mum." I hissed again. "Don't embarrass me."

My mum rolled her eyes at me. "Alexander I'm your mum. It's my job." My mum and dad insisted on Demi and I going out while they waited for Jack and Sebastien to arrive. They wouldn't take no for an answer so I eventually caved in.

"Have you got the..." I cut my mother off a second later.

"Yes mum." I replied. My mother squeezed my hand before she left the room. I took a deep breath before I went out of the room I was in and went downstairs to try and find Demi.

20 minutes later

Demi placed her head on my arm. "I've missed this." She told me as we walked around the park in our own pace.

"Missed what?" I asked her.

"Being us. It feels like it's been years." Demi laughed. We stopped walking and sat down on the ground. I looked at her two seconds later

"Well being a secret agent is unpredictable." I told her.

"I know it's just sometimes it's nice to be able to..." I cut her off.

"It's okay. I understand." I replied to her.

Demi went silent for a little bit and brought her legs to her chest.

"Did you know that today is our three year anniversary?" I asked her.

"Three years?" She asked me. I nodded my head.

"And they said we wouldn't last." She told me

"Correction Diana and Eddie hoped we wouldn't last." I replied to her.

"It's a saying Alex." She reminded me.

I laughed. "I know Demi. I just thought I would get all technical."

Demi elbowed me in the ribs. "Ow." I whined

"Oh quit being such a baby." Demi rolled her eyes.

I raised my eyebrows before I stood up and lifted her into my arms bridal style. "Alex what are you doing?" She asked me. I stayed silent until we reached a fountain. I 'accidentally' dropped her in there. Demi screamed before she grabbed me and pulled me in as well.

"Demetria Lovato!" I screamed as the cold water hit me.

"Yes?" She smirked at me. I splashed her a second later.

Demi squealed before she scrambled to her feet and started to run away from me. I laughed as I chased after her. As soon as I caught up with her I grabbed her before I spun her around in a circle. She turned around to face me and placed her head on my chest a second later.

"Demi what would you do if I proposed to you right now?" I asked her. Demi looked at me confused.

"Why?" She asked me suspiciously one second later.

"Just wondering." I shrugged.

"I don't know..." She trailed off.

"Do you want to get married?" I asked her.

Demi nodded her head. "Just promise me one thing..." Demi started.

"What's that?" I asked her.

"No more secrets and our kids choose whether or not they want to be agents." She said.

"I think I can deal with that." I joked. Demi rolled her eyes at me.

"And good luck getting me in a dress." She added.

I laughed. "Converse, ripped jeans and a band shirt it is." Demi laughed with me.

I took a deep breath before I got down on one knee.

"Demetria Lovato will you marry me?" I asked