16. Ex Girlfriend

Chapter Sixteen

Alex's POV

I heard footsteps running after me a second later. Arms wrapped around me before I turned around and saw Demi standing in front of me. My mum and dad came towards me and the others followed from behind. My mum looked at me. "I'm sorry. Did I embarrass you Alex?" She asked me. I ignored her question and changed the subject almost straight away

"Let's just get the laptop." I replied to her before I turned around and went towards the agency door. I pressed my hand against the scanner and waited until it flashed green before the door opened and granted us access

The receptionist looked at us before she smiled at me. "Hi Alex." She said, fluttering her eyelids as she spoke. Demi grabbed my hand and slid her fingers through mine. I held back a laugh as soon as I realised what was going on. Demi shot daggers at Jasmine and the way Jasmine looked at Demi told me they didn't like each other. Jasmine was also my ex

"We need the key to the storage room." I told her.

"Of course. You're all allowed inside apart from her." She replied childishly as she stuck her nose up at Demi.

"She has clearance." James confirmed as he came into the room.

"But she's..." James held his hand up to stop her from talking.

"The daughter of Madison and Patrick Lovato who were one of the best spies this agency has ever had." James continued. Jasmine reluctantly handed me the key and stood up a second later.

"Who is she?" Demi demanded as she looked at me.

Jasmine turned around. "Who am I? You never told her about me Alex?" Jasmine questioned

"Nah. Kind of slipped my mind after you cheated on me three times." I replied to Jasmine.

"I told you..." I cut her off.

"I don't care." I retorted before she turned around again and headed towards the storage room.

"You went out with her?" Demi asked me. This time I could sense the insecurity in her voice

"Yes he did and it looks like his taste in girls has gone down massively since we broke up four years ago." Demi looked down at her outfit.

"At least Demi doesn't always dress up like she's ready for some blowjob with a guy who has an STD." Jack spoke up. Jasmine glared at him.

"No but she dresses like a homeless person."

She turned around and opened the door and went inside. It was a small room and filled with storage boxes. At the very back of the room there was a door that led to the more highly secured things.

"We need to get my father's laptop." I told her.

Jasmine turned around. "I'm sorry but without a security key we can't give you it but I can make some exceptions." She winked at me a second later.

"I would say I'm honoured but I'm really not and we have the security key." I looked at my dad. Who went towards the door and opened it before he went inside. Everyone but Demi and Jasmine followed my dad inside the room

My dad went towards his locker and typed the security key in. A green light flashed before he went towards it and opened his locker door

"Do you remember the time when we went to Disney Land?" Jasmine asked as she tried to touch my arm.

"We had so much fun." She continued a minute later.

"Sure. If you call being cheated on by your girlfriend who had sex with a person dressed as Winnie The Pooh fun." I replied to her a second later.

Jasmine rolled her eyes. "You're still upset about that?" She asked me.

"You obviously can't seem to accept that I have a girlfriend who I asked to marry me." I snapped at her. Everyone turned around and looked at me and Demi.

"You did WHAT?" They asked.

Two hours later

Everyone had gone to bed but me and Demi because we were trying to access the information we needed for the morning. Demi hadn't said a word to me since we left the agency over two hours ago. She kept on looking at herself and I knew what she was doing.

"Why do you like me?" She asked me suddenly

"You know why I like you." I replied to Demi

"I like you because you're funny and you make me laugh. I like you because you're not self centred and self absorbed. I like you because you are you and you don't try and be someone your not. I like you because you don't wear skin tight clothes and you don't only care about sex. I like you because I feel like I can be myself around you. I like you because you are you."

"Alex, we haven't even had sex yet." Demi reminded me.

"No and I know why. What you went through and what he put you through scarred you and you are scared. I'm not going to push you to do something that you aren't ready to do yet Demi."

"But don't you wish that I was more like Jasmine?" Demi asked.

"Hell no." I replied.

"Demi, the first time Jasmine and I had sex I was drunk. She got me drunk because I wouldn't have sex with her when I was sober and able to make rational choices. Jasmine didn't just cheat on me. She did a lot of other things as well."

"Besides I love you for you. If I loved Jasmine I wouldn't have asked you to marry me and I wouldn't be in a relationship with you." I told her. Demi placed her head on my arm a second later.

"I love you too." She whispered.