9. Shot

Chapter Nine

Alex's POV

I waited for Demi's response nervously as she looked at me. My heart thudded against my chest before she smiled and nodded her head and I stood up and sighed with relief. Demi wrapped her arms around me before I spun her around. I placed her back on the floor before I pulled her in and kissed her passionately a second later. Demi's arms wrapped around my neck and she pulled herself closer to my body

I wanted to stay like this forever but a second later Sebastien texted me and I had to pull away from her. I took my phone out of my pocket before I unlocked it and read the text

My heart thudded against my chest as soon as I read the message. "Demi we need to..." I started but before I could continue Diana and Eddie came out of the bushes holding guns in their hands.

"Guys we've been through this. Holding fake toy guns doesn't make you look hard." I told them. They looked at me confused before they looked at their guns I took the chance to push Demi out the way before I smirked at them.

"You tricked us." Diana yelled as Demi ran away from us.

"I'm sorry but you need to stop being so gullible." I laughed at them. "You would think the smartest criminal in America would be smart enough to train you properly." I added a second later.

"Why do you have to be so annoying?" She asked.

I shrugged. "I guess that's one of my best qualities."

Eddie and Diana came towards me. "I wouldn't be smirking if I were you." Eddie told me as he pointed the gun at me once again. I ducked down as they fired the bullet and grabbed Diana by her foot before I pulled her down to the ground. I grabbed her gun the second I got the chance and jumped to my feet a minute later.

"Looks like I have a gun as well." I replied to him.

"Although I'm not too sure..." I trailed off as I pulled the trigger and shot Diana in the stomach.

"Oops?" I said sarcastically before I took of running but a second later someone grabbed me from behind and pulled me back. I kicked the mystery person before I turned around and punched him in the face. I ducked as he tried to punch me before I kicked him to the ground.

"What do you want? I thought you were going to track down Demi's sisters?" I asked Eddie a second later. A scream came from near by which sent shivers down my spin. Eddie smirked.

"And we're using Demi to get them." He said before he caught me off guard and shot me in the stomach. I fell to the ground a second later and blacked out.