18. Someone else

Chapter Eighteen

Alex's POV

The next morning we all got up pretty early to find out what Jack had figured out. He was piratically bouncing in his seat as we all went into the kitchen. "I've traced down where the weapons are." He told everyone excitedly as soon as we were all in the room. We all looked at him.

"How did you...?" I started but stopped as soon as he lifted up the three necklaces that were given to me so I could track down the first bit of information.

"But I thought..." Jack cut me off a second later.

"I'm good with computers all I needed to do was crack the code and change a few things before hacking into a database to get all the information I needed." He grinned at all of us

"So what happens now? Where are they?" I asked.

"In Texas. We'll need to break into the place so we can get it but it should be manageable and then we just need to destroy the weapons."

"So we need to break the law to save the world from the threat of another war?" Demi asked.

"It normally works like that but as long as we are breaking in for a good reason we don't get into trouble." I explained.

"That or you just don't leave any evidence that you've been there." Sebastien pointed out to me.

"But things aren't usually this easy..." I trailed off.

"So we are careful and watch our backs." Sebs told me.

"We'll also need people here to keep track of everything." Sebs continued as he looked at Dallas and Amber.

"Demi is staying with me." I told everyone a second later.

No one seemed to question my judgement but it was probably the look on my face that stopped them. As soon as we had a plan put together we all headed outside and back into Rosie.

The second we were in the car, Jack got the laptop out.

"So far no one has tried to break in and take the weapons." He informed us as the map appeared on the screen. He clicked on something and a red dot appeared on the map

"Is that where the weapons are?" Demi asked

Jack nodded. "I planted a device in the system that tells me how far away we are from them."

"So that's how long it's going to take for us to get there?" Demi asked as she pointed at some numbers.

"Yep." I replied to her. "We have a very long car journey."

Ten hours later we arrived at an abandoned house that looked like it belonged in a horror movie. Jack had access to all the cameras in the house so Sebastien and Jack were staying in the car while I went inside on my own and found the weapons. Demi was asleep in the car.

Jack attached something to the watch. "This is a tracking device when it starts beeping you are close to your target." He whispered to me

He went on to explain how the tracking device works and that they'll alert me if they see anything suspicious. I got out of the car and sneaked around the side to the back garden a minute later. The house hadn't been lived in for at least a hundred years and the windows were smashed and broken. I pulled myself up on to the window ledge using an old chair and jumped into the house.

"Alex can you hear me?" Jack asked through the intercom.

"I can hear you loud and clear." I replied to him.

I held my breath as the smell of rotten wood filled the air. There was no light so I had to make do with the torch on my watch to help me around.

"When was this house last lived in? The eighteen hundreds?" I asked Jack a minute later.

"Something like that." He told me as I reached what used to be a hall way. I carried on walking towards the stairs until I heard a voice.

"Jack there's someone else in the house."