19: Blood

Chapter Nineteen

Alex's POV

"Are you sure? Because I can't pick anyone up from the laptop." Jack told me a minute later

"I'm sure. I heard them." I told him in a low hushed tone.

"One second let me scan the area." Jack said

I stayed in my hiding place knelt down on the ground and hidden behind some old clothes or some kind of fabric. I stayed as quiet and still as I could as I heard the person moving around upstairs. My heart pounded against my chest as I accidentally caused something to crash onto the floor. The person stopped moving around and went completely quiet a second later.

"I think they are here." A voice said. I cursed under my breath as they went towards the stairs and headed down them. I prepared myself for whatever was about to happen in a few minutes.

"Jack. I might need backup." I whispered through the intercom. I heard the sounds of a conversation going on between Sebastien and Jack.

"I'm on my way. Make sure you hold off any kind of physical attack until I'm there unless it's needed." He told me as I heard the car door open.

"Sebastien is keeping an eye on Demi." Jack added.

"Sir, I think they are here." A female voice said

"There's a car parked outside sir." A male voice added.

"I told you we should have come straight here!" A voice hissed. This one sounded strangely familiar.

"What do you want us to do sir?" The female asked.

"Search the house. If you find Alex bring him to me." The familiar voice ordered as I felt the lights going on. Footsteps came down the stairs and they started to search the house for me. I wanted to warn Jack but I didn't want them to hear me.

"Looking for something?" I heard Jack ask a minute later.

"No we are actually looking for someone." The female voice told him. I got to my feet knowing that I had back up now and opened the doors.

"Looking for me by any chance?" I asked them

The two agents had masks on so I couldn't see who they were. They pointed their guns at me a minute later and I held my hands up. They seemed to be way too young to be handling guns.

"Woah. Hold on there kids. You don't want to be messing around with those. Someone could get hurt." They looked at each other before they looked at me.

"Who are you calling a kid?" The male agent asked me.

"We aren't kids! We are agents!" The female protested.

"Well first of all you might want to make sure your gun is loaded if you want to shoot someone." I explained to them before I kicked them to the ground and grabbed the gun.

"Like this." I told her as I prepared the gun and aimed it at her. Jack handled the male agent and pulled his hands behind the males back.

"And you might want to learn how to defend yourself as well." Jack added one second later as he placed handcuffs on his arms. I handcuffed the female and Jack led them out the house.

Someone started clapping a minute later as he headed downstairs. I then realised why he sounded so familiar.

"Smith." I stated as he came towards me and smirked.

"It's such an honour to see you again after you got me fired." He told me.

"Shame I can't say the same thing." I retorted

"Yeah well I have got what I've come for so I'm just going to..." He trailed off I blocked his exit.

"You're going to jail for stealing classified information and selling it to our enemies." I told him. He came towards me and pushed me against the wall. I waited for a few minutes before I kicked him and he landed on the floor sending his bag flying across the room and landing on the floor. I ran towards them but Smith pulled me down to the ground a second later. He got to his feet but I managed to grab a hold of his leg a second later. I twisted it before I pulled him onto the ground with me and managed to jump to my feet. But before I could grab the weapons someone grabbed them before me. I looked up at Dexter who was grinning at me.

"It looks like your time is over." He said before he pointed the gun at me and pulled the trigger. The bullet hit my side causing me to clutch it with my hands. My hands were covered in blood and pain shot through me a second later.

Another gun shot filled the air before everything went black.