20. Destroyed

Chapter Twenty

Alex's POV

Do you know that painful feeling where you go from being numb to suddenly being aware of all the pain you are in? That's what I was feeling as I started to wake up and become more aware of my surroundings. I could feel arms wrapped around me and someone's head on my chest. But unlike every other time I've smelt her hair it didn't smell like strawberries

I gradually managed to open my eyes and saw Demi sleeping in my arms. She must have wrapped my arms around her so she was able to sleep. Our quiet breathing was the only thing you could hear apart from the annoying beeping sound beside me. As I looked at Demi I noticed the dark circles around Demi's eyes as she slept. Her skin was pale white and she felt so skinny and like she could break any minute.

I reached out, ignoring the pain that shot through me and traced the circles around her eyes. I looked down and noticed that she was wearing my clothes. I chuckled softly so I didn't wake her up from what was obviously a much needed sleep. I leaned towards her cheek and gently kissed it three seconds later

Demi moved slightly but remained asleep after mumbling something that sounded like my name. I smiled as I held her in my arms almost forgetting about the pain until a few minutes later when the door opened and one of the nurses came into the infirmary. She looked at me. "One of these days Alex I'm going to reserve this bed just for you." She said.

I laughed as she came towards me and lifted my shirt up. I closed my eyes and prepared myself for the pain as she unwrapped the band aid on my stomach and checked my wound. She took my shirt off which felt weird with Demi in my arms before she put a clean one on.

"I'm going to leave you guys alone now." She told me as Demi started to stir in my arms a second later. I nodded my head and thanked her before she went out of the room and closed the door behind me. I turned around to look at Demi who looked like she was having a nightmare. I pulled her as close as I could before I moved my mouth to her left ear.

"Demi wake up. You're having a nightmare." I whispered into her ear. She started to move around as much as she could. I held her firmly in my arms so she couldn't hurt herself at all

"No...Please...." She mumbled as she tried to break free from my arms. But I still held her in my arms and waited for her to open her eyes.

"Demi, you should know by now that I'm stronger than you." I reminded her a second later.

The room went silent for a minute until Demi rolled over and threw her arms around my stomach. She squeezed me. I tried to ignore the pain as she pulled away from me and looked at my stomach. Her hand touched the skin gently before she traced over my scars with her right hand.

"Do you still have something against clothes by any chance?" I rolled my eyes at her before I shook my head. Demi started cackling a second later.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help it. Your mum showed me some cute photos of you when you were younger." Demi continued to tease as I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh she did, did she?" I asked Demi. She nodded her head.

"You looked cute, although I am wondering who this Sierra person was." Demi continued a second later.

"She was my best friend when I was younger and we used to play pretend a lot." I told her

"Aww." Demi cooed as she grabbed my cheeks and started to squeeze them. I moved her hands away from my cheeks two seconds later

"Demi please don't do that." I replied to her a second later.

"That's it? I get punched in the face and you just talk to her?" Jack asked. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Number one she's my girlfriend and number two she doesn't squeeze so hard your cheeks have grab marks on it." The room went silent

"What happened?" I asked them in a serious tone.

"We destroyed the weapons." Jack replied to me.

"Oh and Dexter, Smith and the other two agents got arrested." Sebastien said.

"So I guess now all we have to do is plan a wedding." Jack added.