17. On to us

Chapter Seventeen

Alex's POV

"So when were you planning to tell us about being engaged?" Jack asked me. I laughed as he asked me that. I shrugged my shoulders at him before I responded to Jack's question a moment later.

"We wanted to wait until this whole thing was over and done with." I explained to him a second later.

We were sat in the kitchen as Demi slept. I was trying so hard to crack a code I couldn't make sense of. I continued to rub my eyes over and over again before looking at the code

"What are you doing?" He asked me as he came to sit next to me. He looked at the screen.

"Trying to crack this code." I explained to him

Jack looked at him. "You look exhausted." He admitted.

"Well I haven't had much chance to sleep in the last few days." I replied to him. Jack moved the laptop away from me before he looked at me.

"Go to bed. I'll crack the code." Jack said to me.

"Are you sure?" I asked. Jack nodded his head

"Remember what happened last time you didn't get enough sleep?" He asked me and I nodded my head.

"Plus I like cracking codes it's fun." He added

I chuckled. "Well knock yourself out then." I told him.

"I will and you might want to take your girlfriend upstairs before she falls off the couch." Jack replied to me. I sprinted towards Demi and lifted her into my arms bridal style before I carried her upstairs to bed. Demi snuggled into me as I climbed into bed next to her and pulled her close to me before wrapping my arms securely around Demi's torso.

"Alex?" She murmured as she tried to open her eyes but they were obviously too heavy for her to keep open.

"Yes?" I whispered to her as she yawned a second later.

"Are you going to sleep?" She asked me as she managed to open her eyes a little and look at me.

"Trying to." I replied to her.

Demi reached out and touched my cheek before she said anything else. "Please Alex? I know you haven't slept much since this whole thing started months ago." Demi begged me a second later.

I looked at her in the eye. "My body is used to it."

Demi looked at me firmly. "But how are you supposed to think straight if you are tired Alex?" She asked

"How am I supposed to sleep when you keep talking?"

Demi face palmed herself. "Right, I'm sorry."

I chuckled before I closed my eyes to go to sleep.

"Alex?" Demi whispered a second later. I opened one eye.

"Do you ever have a weird thought that someone might be watching you?" Demi asked

Eddie's POV

"Damn it. She's on to us." I cursed as Demi looked at Alex.

"You can't be so sure about that. Demi used to think people were watching her all the time!"

"That's because they were Diana." I pointed out.

"What I want to know is why we are spying on her when it's Jack who's trying to get all the information." Diana said.

"Because..." I trailed off a second later unable to think of an answer.

Diana pressed a button that changed the camera and focused on what Jack was doing on the computer.

"And now he's the boring part. We wait until he figures everything out." Diana sighed as she tapped her fingers on the desk a second later.

"Sh, he might be able to hear you." I warned her.

Diana looked at me. "You imbecile! He can't hear us! We aren't on video chat!" Diana yelled.

"I was just checking." I answered back as Jack cheered with excitement as he got into the information. What he didn't know was he was sending the information straight to us at the same time.

"Why do I have to have you as my partner?" Diana asked.

"You aren't the brightest spark." I reminded her.

"At least I can tell the difference between video chat and spying on someone!" Diana yelled.

Dexter came into the room. "You're both idiots but that doesn't matter right now. What matters is getting our hands on this weapon so I can become rich. Do you know how much wars cost?" He asked us. I went to answer but stalled. Dexter glared at me before he shook his head.

"Thousands and all I need to do is work out how the original one was made so I can make more and sell them to different countries while they are fighting." Dexter explained to us.

"And then I'll make millions of dollars." He grinned.

"Now step on it and make sure you don't fail this time."