Chapter 1 Keefe's POV

A/N: Cute picture of Sophie and Keefe! If you are a future reader, there is a story before this. The Mysterious Miss. F, you probably want to read that one first!!

 F, you probably want to read that one first!!

I groan. First thoughts were not am I dead. I'm pretty sure when you die, you don't feel like you just got hit by a truck, and then Iggy ate you.

I open my eyes, I almost scream. Foster is reading a story in a rocking chair, what is she doing here?

She looks up from reading out loud and a humongous grin appears, soon she is right next to me.

"Keefe!" She says.

I nod my head, but that hurts worse then when I cracked my ribs.

"Ok, so, you have to work on a lot of things in order to regain strength, kinda like physical therapy. It's going to be a rough few weeks, but I'll be stopping by and sometimes Fitz, Biana, Dex, Linh, and Tam might too. But the good new is, you won't have to go to Foxfire until you have regained pretty much all strength!" Sophie says happily.

I try to smile, but I am honestly out of it. I don't understand how I can be so tired after doing do little. I try desperately to hide it, but Sophie is an observer.

"You should probably rest," Sophie says with a sad smile. I feel weaker then when I was actually dying!

Sophie walks out of the room. Now I know why this room is so familiar. I'm at Candleshade! Crap, that means Sophie has to see my dad. He's not as creepy as before, but he doesn't like Foster, that's for sure.

I soon close my eyes. My dreams were anything but sweet.

I was running. Thickets taring at my cloak. I heard laughter. Brant's. Then I heard someone. NO! How could they have gotten her? I urge myself to run faster, I have to get to her.

Then I'm falling. Fast and hard. I land on the ground. My hands are wet. I look at them, it's blood. No No NO NO NNOOO! It's Sophie. I turn her over, so I can see her face. She's breathing, that's good. I gently pick her up into my arms and start running. The laughter returns, this time louder.

Sophie stirs. I hold her tightly to my chest, and keep running. Soon I can see the sky. I grab my pathfinder and a beam comes out. It flickers.

"Ok, Foster, lets get out of here," I mumble. Soon I see Brant in my view.

I pull Foster through the light, my concentration is on her. I quickly shove her the rest if the way, I forget about Brant.

"Ah, Keefe!" Brant says. I turn around and there he is facing me. I quickly throw the pathfinder in the beam with the rest of Sophie.

Brant shakes his finger, "Tisk, Tisk, Tisk. You shouldn't have done that Sencen!" He growls.