Chapter 25 Keefe's POV

Here we are. Back to planning, except without Dex. Sophie's been having drastic mood changes, just the other day she yelled at Edaline and then she bursts into tears. Edaline rushes to help comfort her, but Sophie nudges her away.

She's pushing us all away, Dex really means a lot to her, which is why I'm going to help her get him back.

~~~

"Grady! I know you don't like him, but seriously, can't you see how this is effecting him? Can't you see the shape he's in? Look at his eyes and his--"

"Edaline," I hear Grady whisper.

"Um, is Sophie here?" I ask, clearing my throat.

"Um, yeah. Of course, just upstairs Keefe!" Edaline recovers quickly.

"MAKE SURE YOU KNOCK!" I hear Grady yell.

I know they were talking about me, Fitz wasn't even effected. I sigh, hurrying up. I hesitate, but end up knocking.

"Come in," I hear someone sniffle. Sophie immediately jumps up, turns around, and wipes harshly at her eyes. "H-Hi Keefe! What are you doing here?" Sophie says quickly.

"Sophie," I sigh, walking over to her and hugging her gently. She embraces my touch, I hold her head towards my chest and I kiss her forehead.

"Keefe, I'm sorry, I know you don't like me crying about this--"

"Gosh! Sophie, it is okay! I'm not going to hurt you, I'm not one of them! I would never hurt you or anyone else for that matter!" She flinches from my sudden outburst.

"That's what I'm talking about," I sigh, running a hand through my hair. I dive onto her bead and scream into the pillow. I'm just so lost. "Sophie, I feel awful! OKAY? How many times do I have to tell you? I hate my choices and who-who I came from, but it doesn't make it any worse," my voice cracks, I'm crying. Sophie looks guilty now, I hear footsteps, I pull at my hair.

"Sophie, I WON'T HURT YOU EVER!" I scream, chocking on sobs. Grady and Edaline enter the room, Sophie's crying, and screaming at me. Soon I feel shocks of pain and fear. Grady is shoving me out of the room while Edaline is trying to stop Sophie.

Grady yells at me, he's mostly afraid. I push past him and run, something bad is happening to me, I don't know what.

Grady calls after me running soon, I feel a pule, something making me turn back around. I fight it and keep running. Soon I'm jumping over bushes, roots, and plants. Things cut my sleeves and arms, my sobbing is coming out in loud strangled chokes. I stumble, trip, and fall.

I see Grady running, he's almost here. I rush to get up, but I can't, he's mesmering me. I cry, and shake back and forth.

I let out strangled screams. Soon Grady is here. He grabs me, and hoists me up. Surprisingly, he hugs me. That makes me cry harder. He pats my back.

"Keefe, it's going to be okay," He whispers.

I shake my head, no it won't be okay. I choke on more sobs.

"Keefe, no one thinks you're a--"

"Monster! It doesn't matter, cause I am," I choke out, my sobbing continues.

"KEEFE YOU ARE NOT A MONSTER! GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF! " Grady yells, shaking me. I shake my head. I look away shamefully.

My crying continues.

"I am," I whisper, a single tear falls down my face, realization dawns on me. Why Grady couldn't get me to turn around.

"I am a monster," I look at Grady with fear in my eyes.

"Keefe what do you m--"

"Grady RUN! This is a TRAP!" I scream shoving him out of the way as someone tries to jump him.

Grady stands back up, his fists balled.

"Run, you need to run," I say calmly.

"We're in this together," Grady says gruffly.

"NO! You need to go!" I shout.

"No, Keefe! Whether you like it or not, I'm staying here with you!"

"Why?"

"Because--Because I know there has to be a semi decent kid in there if Edaline thinks you're worth worrying about," He whispers.

"Grady, I need you to go, if you care about me, you need to turn around and run, I-I don't want you--"

"To see what you've become? Well Keefe, it's too late for that--"

"Grady, GO!" I scream, he flinches at the power of my voice.

"Keefe, no, you can't be," Grady whispers, his eyes are glossy.

"Yes," I look down, not meeting his eyes. "GRADY GO HOME TO SOPHIE AND EDALINE UNTIL I SAY YOU CAN LEAVE!" I shout. Grady's eyes plead with mine, I don't look at him. He turns on command.

Soon the pop out, I punch one, and the other. Sliding over and under gracefully. I punch one in the throat, and then I jump in the air and kick two in the face with my feet. They stagger and fall down.

I smash two guys heads together, flip another and twist their arm so far that it's completely severed.

I fight on and on, soon they're all down, I crumple into a heap and start crying, starring at my hands. Why am I such a monster?

I run, the best way to hide monsters is to end them. I run far and fast. Hopefully Grady will be gone long enough.

~~~

A/N: So yeah! Hoped you all enjoyed!

VOTE

COMMENT

AND STAY BEAUTIFUL!!! ;)

~Tapqueen101