Chapter 17 Keefe's POV

I can't believe it. The council wants to take away Sophie's inflicting. Bronte, Oralie, Terrik, and two others don't want to, but they were out voted. Sophie says it's fine, but it isn't. Her inflicting saves people, without it how can she heal minds?

I sigh. Great, this is just great. I pull out my imparter and whisper "Oralie," She doesn't answer, it just says restricted. I knew that would happen. This was the twenty-third time.

"Sophie," I whisper.

"Keefe!" She beams.

"Hey, do you know how to get in touch with the council?" I ask.

Sophie groans, "Keefe, nothing will change the verdict! The last thing I need is for you to be Exiled!"

"Foster, it just isn't fair," I sigh.

"Bye Keefe," She says, ending the call.

I head downstairs and work out, lifting weights, and other stuff.

~~~

I lightleap to the councilors houses. I won't leave until someone answers. I knock on every door, no on opens it. I wait outside for one of them to leave.

Finally I see Emery walk out. I charge, and jump on his back, "FOR FOSTER!" I yell.

Emery screams.

"Dude, can I talk to you," I say sweetly, batting my eyelashes.

"GET OFF OF ME!" Emery shouts, soon Goblin dudes are running, but I get off before they can hurt me.

"Councilor Emery, all I need is five minutes, that's it. I can't just not do nothing!" I plead.

"This is about that Sarah girl, right?" He sighs in arrogance.

I grit my teeth, so I won't hurt him, "Sophie," I growl.

"What is it?" Emery asks.

"If you take away inflicting from her, who knows if she'll be able to fix minds. She uses that, remember, so unless you want a redo on things you did wrong, you cannot take away that ability. Take away pyrokinetics instead," I shrug.

"And why would we do that?" Emery asks.

"Cause, you're more likely to loose control when you are angry," I shrug again.

"You make a valid point, we'll consider it. As for now, she has one chance to defeat the Neverseen and then she'll consult with," He trails off.

"With," I encourage him to continue.

"Nevermind, now unless you want a tribunal, I suggest you leave," Emery sighs.

Arrogant jerk. I leave. Hopefully Sophie and I will be okay.

~~~

CRAP! Sophie's fifteen! I need to grab something and run over!

I run to Mysterium and find something, but to no avail. Sophie needs something as spectacular as she is!

But I find it. I hope she'll like it.

~~~

I run upstairs into her room and hide behind her bed. I hear her enter.

"Yes Grady, I'll make sure the Verminion didn't eat the new resident!" I hear her yell.

"BOO!" I shout, Sophie screams, soon I'm on the groan groaning. Everything goes black.