Chapter 27 Keefe's POV

I could feel someone's arms around me, hoisting me out of the water. I breathed it in, trying desperately to kill the monster, but the person was too fast.

Soon, darkness matched my soul, and I was out.

~~~

I chocked, and coughed up water, my breath coming fast and choppy, I squeezed my eyes shut in anger and despair.

I wanted to punch something.

"DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN? YOU HERE ME?" Grady yelled into my face, great, of course he was the one who saved me.

When I got a closer look into his face, I saw tears, why would he care so much about me? He sighed and leaned against the cliff, he held his head in his hands.

I stood up and walked away, but turned around, "Why? Why would you do that? You just condemned me to living like this!" I punched the cliff side.

"Because, whether you like it or not, I had a chance to save someone from death, I would give anything if you were Jolie, but I--"

"Even Sophie?" I ask.

"No! I--"

"Therefor you can't give up everything or anything for someone, either way you'd be at a loss," I whisper.

Grady stares at me.

Tears silently fell off of my face, I didn't look at him, "I-I may have killed them," I whisper looking directly at him.

Grady continued looking at me.

"I COULD HAVE KILLED THEM!" I yelled, "I'M A MONSTER! A MURDERER!" I scream at him, he doesn't even flinch.

"I had to do things, like beat someone so I could save my mother. I-I had to hurt fathers with kids, or sons with brothers, it was completely awful. I am not worth saving, I hurt things willingly, I probably killed some of the people from this attack and the one at school, I'm worse then they are. And you, you just sit there, thinking that you did something good, well newsflash, if you were to save someone from Everblaze, it would-should never be me," I say looking straight at him. Grady looks at me just as he did before.

I pull at my hair and let out a scream, walking backwards, and then turning back around, "I was created to kill people, hurt people, make them fear and hate me! I have the power to make people kill their own loved ones! And you still find me worth saving!" I shout, kicking a rock, tears disobey me and continue to fall off of the bridge of my nose.

I can feel his intense stare still burning holes into my back. I kick the cliff, the pain feels good, making me feel Elvin.

Soon I feel delicate small arms turning me around gently, and hugging me, I don't hug back.

Grady still stares at me.

Finally he speaks, "It doesn't matter how the mechanic builds the machine, what the machine does is what matters."

I look at him, he looks at me, and somehow I end up at Havenfield. They make sure I down a whole two cups of Slumberberry Tea, just to be safe.

Unfortunately I left the Neverseen before they could teach me how to withstand certain elixars or sedatives.

A sleep full of nightmares stole my mind away from my body.

~~~

Foster woke me up when she started crying. It went something like this.

"Ohmygod! You're alive!"

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME? FIRST MY BEST FRIEND GOES MISSING AND THEN YOU ALMOST KILL YOURSELF! DO YOU, UGH! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO, SO SELFISH?"

"I was so scared, and worried, and I don't know what I'd do if-if you both died,"

"Does anything hurt?"

"I love you so, so much! Please just don't ever scare me like that again,"

I was quiet the whole time she ranted. She finally gave me a hug, which surprised me, quite frankly.

Soon we were brain storming about how we were going to get in and out without Dex' ability.

A/N: Who likes 21 pilots? Anyway, I LOVE their music! Especially Heathens and Ride!! ;) Anywho! Thanks for reading!

VOTE

COMMENT

AND STAY BEAUTIFUL!!! ;)

~Tapqueen101