Chapter 24 Keefe's POV

Foster paces frantically back and forth in her room, sometimes she lets out a sniffle. I sigh, no 15 year old elf should have to go through this.

I stand up and give her a hug, rubbing her back, I whisper, "It's going to be all right, we'll find him, at least you will," I kiss her on the forehead.

"Keefe! How do you know that? You said that last time and now look what happened?" Sophie practically screams. She growls in frustration, anger radiating off of her.

It pains me to know she's angry at me.

I pull out so she can look at me, "Hey," I say and smile, she crosses her arms, "I know that we'll find him because you're here. You're so amazing and talented, and if you can't do it, chances are no one can! Now, sulking and blaming me isn't going to help us throw alicorn poo at them, now is it?" I smirk, Sophie smiles.

"You know, for a second I thought you were going to say something meaningful for once," Her smile widens.

"Okay, now do your head thingy!" I point to her head, she laughs.

Then she's shocked, "Wait! Keefe, how did you help me in my head?" She asks confused.

"I just mastered as a telepath," I shrug like it's nothing. Sophie squeals and jumps on me, so that her legs wrap around my middle.

It actually shocked me, but I smiled and held her, but all to soon she was back on the ground.

"Keefe, you know what this means, right?" Sophie asks eagerly.

"Um, that I'm a telepath?" I smirk.

"No! We could be cognates!" Sophie looks actually happy about this for the first time, ever.

"Sophie, what about Fitz? That's kind of your guys' thing," I say cautiously.

"Well, I just figured..." She trails off, looking guilty now.

"Sophie, no one's going to judge you for wanting to be cognates with me! Who would blame them? I'm awesome, but the great Keefe Sencen rides alone! Ow-Ow-OWHOO!" I howl like a wolf, Sophie laughs.

"Keefe, I can teach you! Like how to transmit, and since the Neverseen altered your DNA, I bet they made you able to use brain pushes!" Sophie's so happy, I totally forget about all the messed up things I did and went through.

~~~

"Okay, ready?"

"NO! KEEFE!"

"What? Oh, that, sorry!"

"AHHH!"

"OOPS! My bad!"

"KEEFE! LOOK OUT!"

"Oh, my bad?"

"KEEFE! THE OTHER WAY! NO-NO IT'S A TRAP!"

That pretty much explains how it went. We tried entering Mr. Forkles mind, to see how strong mine was, Mr. Forkle tried not to show it, but I think he was actually shocked about how well I was doing.

Sophie sighs, "Well, at least now I know you have quite the brain push!"

Yeah, I did what Sophie told me to do, and BAM! I launched it into her, and she went flying, like really far. We had to call Elwin cause she broke like, half the bones in her body!

"Oh, and also he knew how to get past your blocking, without any actual help," Mr. Forkle gently reminded Sophie, worry was blasting in all directions like bullets.

"Geez Foster! I promise I won't enter your mind," I pause she lets out a breath of relief, "Too much!" I start laughing and she glares at me.

I couldn't help but realize that Mr. Forkle doesn't like me, he actually despises me for being better then Sophie when it comes to certain things, I wonder if Sophie notices or even cares?

~~~

Now I learned how to transmit, it's actually really easy. I don't understand why it took Fitz so long to just transmit to Silveny.

~~~

Now Sophie teaches me how to track thoughts, I'm not as good as Sophie, it takes me a while to pinpoint exact locations, but I'm still better then Fitz, I wonder how he'll take it?

~~~

Sophie and I practice together on a lot of different stuff, eventually we try to track Dex' thoughts.

~~~

An hour goes by, Sophie starts shaking, I boost her with a tiny brain push.

~~~

Two hours down, Sophie and I search for a thought like Dex. Sophie starts giving up, I blast her with another push.

~~~

Three hours.

~~~

Four.

~~~

Fi-- THERE! That's Dex! I practically scream at Sophie, she snaps into action, but the voice is gone.

~~~

Six.

~~~

Seven.

~~~

Eight.

~~~

Nine.

~~~

Ten.

Sophie found it this time. We zoom in, wait. Zoom, wait, zoom, wait, listen, zoom, wait, listen. Finally we have him pinpointed to the exact prison my mom is in. I gulp, my legs buckle, and I fall.

A/N: Hey! Thanks for reading! Sorry I didn't update in a while! I'll definitely update Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

Vote

Comment

AND Stay Beautiful!! ;)

~Tapqueen101