Chapter 28 Sophie's POV

"AHH! I'M A MONSTER! I'M A MONSTER!" I hear Keefe yell, I rush over to his side. He's sleeping on a couch in the living room.

"Sh, Keefe, it's okay, it's just a dream," I whisper, rubbing his hair out of his eyes. He's sweating, I suddenly feel awful. I gently poke his shoulder, hoping he'll wake up.

He doesn't.

I poke harder.

He yells more about monsters and other stuff.

I rock him back and forth.

He screams something and then yells Grady.

I shove him off the couch, he yelps.

He bolts upright, rushes to me, and grabs my shoulders.

"S-S-Sophie, d-d-did G-G-Grady s-s-save me l-l-last night?" He asks quickly, stammering.

"Um, no. You hit your head while we were practicing Telepathy, and Edaline gave you a few Elixars in order to help you, since Elwin isn't here right now," I say cautiously, looking at a relieved Keefe.

"Thank God," I hear him mumble.

"Keefe, you aren't a monster, okay," I whisper.

He nods, "I should probably practice at home," 

"Well, I can help you here," I shrug.

"I need sometime to think, if you don't mind," He says looking into my eyes, with a smile.

"Okay, but if you need anything, I'm right here, doing nothing at all!" I say with a small smile.

"Well, actually, you're standing here, talking to me, so technically you aren't doing nothing at all," He smirks. I punch his shoulder.

"Well, there may or may not be a meeting with the rest of the gang today, so you may want to show up for dinner!" I smile.

"I might think about maybe showing up for dinner," Keefe smirks, walking out the door, running to the leap master shouting, "FOR NARNIA!" I laugh as he holds his fist in the air, waving it around frantically.

Oh, Keefe. (If any of you get the pun, good for you! There's actually an artist with the last name O'Keefe, so yeah, my bad attempt at word play!)

~~~

I gather all of the weapons we may possibly need. They all should be here soon.

"AH!" I scream, as I turn around, only to see Biana standing right there. Now she's on the floor laughing her head off.

"Not cool!" I chuckle with a smile. I put the stuff on my bed and help her up. Soon we're hugging.

"I missed you so so so MUCH!" Biana gushes.

"So, how are you holding up?" I ask quietly, rubbing her back.

"Okay, I guess, I mean, like I know we'll find him, but I'm just worried, and the nightmares don't help," She says.

"Nightmares?" I ask, Keefe says he has been having more and more also.

"Yeah, they're all about them hurting him in unspeakable ways," Biana looks directly at me.

"He'll be okay, trust me," I smile. Biana smiles too and squeezes my hand.

Soon we stand up and meet Tam, Lihn, and Fitz downstairs. Basically, Tam is glaring at Fitz, Lihn is glaring at Tam, and Fitz is glaring at Keefe, and Keefe, well, he's just smiling.

"Okay dokay, so I have two announcements for everyone, one is important for Grady to hear, I guess, but anyway! Here goes nothing! I have two new abilities, I'm a telepath and a mesmer," Keefe says, clapping his hands together once. "Okay, and I am finished, anyone else want to have a go at the honest hour?"

"Hey everyone! Edaline just made some...mallowmelt," Grady says awkwardly as we all stare at him.

Keefe walks over, and claps him on the shoulder, "Um, I kinda need, another mentor?" It comes out as a question.

"Okay, and?" Grady looks kind of worried.

"Well, it seems to be that, I may have, accidentally menifested as a mesmer?" Again it comes out like a question, Grady's face pales.

"Is this a prank?" He asks looking sternly at me, and everyone else. We all shake our heads.

Then Keefe does the unexpected, he makes me drop the box, "Keefe! That could've landed on my toe!" I shout.

"Keefe, do it to me," Grady whispers. Keefe makes Grady walk over to me and then he hugs me.

"You really are a mesmer," I whisper, astonished.

Keefe nods gravely.

"It would never be my first pick, now you all can blame your dirty work on me," Keefe whispers, eyeing Fitz specifically.

Fitz looks down at his feet, Grady looks like someone died, and Keefe looks ashamed.

"Well, on the bright side, I might be able to join somebodies session," Keefe smirks, winking at Fitz and I.

Then Edaline walks into the room with a trey of mallowmelt, "What's taking you all so long? Did Grady tell you all we have mallowmelt?" Edaline asks flustered.

Keefe runs into the kitchen. Everyone else walks forward for some of the gooey sweet treat, but I stayed behind.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask Grady.

"Yeah, I'm just, upset that Keefe has to deal with such a burden," He looks at me with a sad smile.

"Well, Keefe will most likely be in detention already, so it isn't that bad. I think he's mostly worried about us blaming things on him, like Fitz blaming Keefe for making him do something, when Keefe didn't do anything!" I sigh, when did this become so hard? Oh yeah, when we had that stupid dance.

I hear wining from the kitchen.

"Keefe! Do you even eat at your house? How'd you eat all of the mallowmelt so fast? I swear that you were in here for like, 30 seconds!" I hear Biana screech.

I hear Edaline chuckle, "He doesn't mess around! Luckily for you, I have a whole other three batch coming up!"

"Keefe, you ate three whole batches of mallowmelt!" I chuckle.

He nods solemnly, "And I still have room for more,"

"NO!" Biana screams, "You've had enough,"

It was scary how threatening her voice was.

"Edaline, you simply can not make mallowmelt anymore, cause it's simply  the best. Biana is about to kill me if I even take a bite of another slice," Keefe smirks. Biana huffs.

"Well at least someone appreciates my cooking," Edaline says, looking straight at Grady.

"What? Is it wrong to say the food's great?" Grady looks at us.

"Yes! You should always say it's the best I've ever had!" Edaline smirks. Grady sighs.

I see Keefe sneakily reach out for another slice, "No!" Biana smacks his hand so hard that it starts to bruise.

"Ow," Keefe mumbles, rubbing his hand.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading!

VOTE

COMMENT

AND STAY BEAUTIFUL!! ;)

~Tapqueen101