Chapter 5 Keefe's POV

A/N: All book nerds are like ^ Also feel free to send me pictures of characters from KOTLC, cause I'll put it up for everyone to see!! ;)

When Foster comes over today, I can still feel the tension as of yesterday. I try to forget about it, but I can't. When you love someone, tension makes you feel awful. You just want to fix it all right then and there, but the tension's not really my fault. I wasn't the one who didn't trust me. If only I could do something drastic to prove that I loved her, but I'm to young to do such a thing.

"Hey! Foster," I yawn. And no, I didn't get any sleep last night.

"Keefe," She nods.

"So, how was Everglen?" I ask casually, trying to strike up a conversation.

"Good," Sophie says as she pushes me into the light.

"Hey Foster," I call out as she hurries into the building.

"Yeah?" She asks turning around as I push forward.

"Those one word answers might smell really bad by the end of the day!" I smirk, she smiles.

"What about our deal?" She asks.

"Might! It all depends on you," I say wheeling past her and into the building. Maybe the tensions gone after all?

~~~

"Why hello Dex! It's lovely that you're able to join us today!" I say in a fake girl British accent.

"Keefe, I purposefully kicked a guy in the shins for you yesterday! Where were you?" Dex scolds with a laugh and a smile.

"Um, playing a prank on you!" I say casually.

Dex's eyes go wide.

"I guess you'll have to look out for that prank," I try to say seriously as I take a sip of lushberry juice, but it flies out of my mouth and nose as I start cracking up.

"Keefe! Gross!" Biana laughs.

Then I hear Sophie and Fitz walking down he hall laughing.

Sophie gasps, "I'll go grab some napkins!" She shouts.

Great, and the embarrassment begins.

"Keefe what's up with you? Is something wrong with your jaw?" Fitz asks worriedly.

"No, but drinking Lushberry juice and then cracking up, lets just say that doesn't end well!" I smile.

Fitz frowns, "What's the matter with you? You could choke to death!" Fitz says, running a hand through his spiky hair.

"Dude, I'm fine! Chill, bro, chill," I mutter, feeling extremely uncomfortable.

"Napkins!" Sophie smiles.

"Thanks," I mumble, cleaning my face and the table.

"So, do you guys want to play Base Quest at my place?" Sophie asks, but then blushes.

"It's fine Foster, I-I have some things to do anyway!" I give her a reassuring smile, though it doesn't do much.

The mood was kind of glum after that.

"So, how's all of your classes?" I ask everyone.

"Awful," Tam mutters, Lihn elbows him.

"Inflicting wasn't to bad today, I got to practice inflicting guilt on-on Bronte," She pauses.

"What! Why oh why hadn't you invited me?" I ask, faking pain. "Foster, we've been over this! If you mess with a councilor, you have to invite me! That's an order!"