Chapter 41 Sophie's POV

"Sophie, we'd like you to see what you saw," Alden smiles.

I'm at Everglen surrounded by the entire council for what seems to be the millionth time.

I sigh before streaming yesterday's events onto a piece of paper in my moonlark journal. Once I'm finished, I slide it across the table to Alden and the council. I'm being surveyed under Bronte's scrutiny the entire time.

I close my eyes and think.

~~~

"SOPHIE!" I hear someone yell and I pop open my eyes. I'm surrounded by people. I see Elwin spinning frantically around, knocking over medical tools, and a banshee scampering to the other side of the room.

"Where's the thingy, and the what?" I say confused. Disorientation pulls at me like a hourse tied to a buggy.

Soon I'm being hugged by Fitz and Biana.

"Um," I'm completely unsure of what just happened.

"You were unconscious for two days! Elwin was having a panic attack because the banshee wouldn't leave your side!" Fitz says worriedly.

Biana seems to be in her own little world, she steps aside numbly so Elwin can continue to check up on me.

He sighs and runs a hand through his messed up brown hair, "Your cells are completely exhausted. Not to mention drained. Your mental energy is fighting your physical energy, and neither is doing well at all. Sophie, it's not looking well," Elwin frowns, thinking to himself as he hands me a whole bag full of elixars.

"No indeed. Which is why we need to talk about our little visit the other day," Emery says. Everyone's silent.

"You all know, don't you?" I say, they nod. Great, one more reason to make everyone hate me. I sigh, and start to stand up.

"NO!" Elwin yells, running back over. "No getting up for you. You need to stay right here for at least a week, I'd make it two, but I know you'll end up walking around Havenfield in order to help Grady and Edaline."

I smile, and lay back down.

Soon everyone's leaving the room except for Emery, Oralie, Bronte, and Alina.

"So, we've decided that the only way to ensure your safety is to do something we have NEVER done before. Do you except the risks?" Emery asks, almost with a sinister smile.

"What are the risks?" I ask nervously, pulling out an eyelash.

"Well, death, labored thinking, damage to your body, and possible illnesses." Alina answers.

I cringe at the word death.

"What are you going to do to me?" I whisper, mad at how childish I sound.

"Well, we're sadly, going to take away one of your abilities. Basically, we're going to have to combine human and elvin medicines in order to destroy power cells." Bronte answers.

"And the ability?" I gulp. Please not Telepathy! Please!

"Telepathy," Bronte says.

Then he starts laughing. The others, specifically Oralie, glare at him. He glares back, "What? I'm kidding. Her face was priceless. Please, one practical joke never killed nobody! Anyway, it's your choice. If it is Inflicting, I'll understand, we all will," Bronte glares at the others.

I sighed, "I'm going to get rid of..."

A/N: Who knows, it might actually be TELEPATHY! Thanks for reading guys! Oh, and in the previous chapter, Sophie was unconscious for about 12 hours. They couldn't find her, and by the time they did and got her back to havenfield, she wouldn't wake up. That's why Bronte was the way he was, they literally had to use a needle to wake her up, and that's why he was so worried. We all know how important she is, even if some people *glares at Bronte* don't want to admit it!

VOTE

COMMENT

AND STAY BEAUTIFUL!! ;)

~Tapqueen101