Chapter 4 Keefe's POV

A/N: Last Cute PICTURE!! If you draw any cool pictures of any ships or characters from KOTLC feel free to message it to me and I'll put it up for everyone to see what an amazing artist you are!! ;)

I woke up back on my bed. Elwin is sitting across from me. I gulp, knowing this isn't going to be a good conversation.

"So, care to tell me what happened?" He asked sternly, gesturing to my wall with the knife still impaled.

"Um, how about no?" I question, with a weak smile.

"Keefe! What's gotten into you? I almost had a heart attack, thinking you killed yourself! I checked your wrists too! Keefe--"

"Elwin, I don't cut myself, okay! Even though the ladies like guys with scars, I'm not going to destroy this beautiful thing!" I said gesturing to myself.

"Okay, then where was Sophie during all of this?"

"She left," I shrug.

"Okay, did she leave you on the floor with a twisted ankle?" Elwin asks.

"No, I-I ran out of my bed and fell, thus twisting ankle," I point to my foot.

"Well, now you can't even try to walk. I am banning you until that foot heals the human way. Thus your punishment," Elwin mimics.

I groan.

"I got you this, I figured it's about time you headed back to school. You've been absent for a month," Elwin states, rolling out this mobile chair.

"How long was I unconscious?" I ask.

"Three weeks," Elwin says gravely.

I groan again. Elwin has to help me change into my uniform. Soon I'm in the wheel thing, Elwin rolls me outside, and there's a nervous Sophie standing outside.

"Sophie!" I shout in surprise. I wasn't ready to see her yet.

"Hey," She says meekly, her fingers were rubbing the necklace I gave her.

"Sophie's here to help you get to Foxfire. She'll be your concentration since she's still wearing her nexuses," Elwin nods towards her wrists.

"New nervous habit?" I ask, nodding towards the necklace.

"Oh, yeah," She says.

Elwin leaps away while Foster pushes me forward.

"Sophie, are you-are you nervous to be seen with me?" There, I said it.

A frown is etched on her face, "Of course not Keefe! You're my friend! A lot of people are missing you, and when they see you like this, I'm pretty sure they won't resist to help carry your books!" She chuckles. She called me her friend. Were we still just friends? Maybe she still doesn't trust me.