Enough

I posted a version of this chapter to Grounded so if you notice there are a couple of changes. 

Enjoy!

Xx

...............................

Normani giggled as she ran from Lauren and out towards the ocean. She tripped over the sand and ended up on her back. The smile from Lauren's face faded as she ran towards her. She bent down on one knee beside her and moved a strand of her hair out of her face.

"Mani, are you okay?" she asked concerned, scanning the exposed parts of her body for any bruises or cuts.

"I'm fine." She said without looking at her "Look up." She pointed up at the sky and suddenly the day had disappeared and it was night. Lauren lifted her head up and the sky was filled with a million bright, shining stars.

She'd never seen that many that bright in her life. It seemed like there wasn't enough room in the sky to hold them all.

Lauren smiled and then looked back at Normani. She'd lied, the brightest star was right next to her on the sand. She bet that while Normani was admiring them, the stars in the sky were looking down at her in envy.

Lauren opened her mouth to say something but she suddenly couldn't speak, she cleared her throat and tried again. Nothing.

Normani's eyes were still glued on what was above them, her body completely still, an expression of bewilderment stuck on her face.

Lauren reached out to touch her and as soon as her fingertips met the girl's arm, she turned into dust and a breeze came and took her away.

Lauren woke up to the sound of her alarm blaring. She felt around beside her to find it just as she heard a groan coming from Camila's bed begging her to turn it off.

She glared at the lump underneath the covers as she hit snooze and turned on her side to face the wall. She closed her eyes again, willing whatever forces there were in nature to give her the dream she was having back.

After about 30 minutes of wishing and nothing, she got up. Dinah would be at her door in a little bit so that they could grab coffee before their first class and she didn't want to keep her waiting.

She got out of bed slowly and grabbed her shower caddy and towel from her desk. She put on her flip flops and headed for the communal bathroom down the hall. Lauren knew she had to hurry up but her mind kept wandering off to the dream she'd had.

Dreaming about Normani wasn't at all out of the ordinary, she'd been having them more frequently since she'd gone to New York. It was just that now they were becoming more realistic and almost always ending tragically.

Sometimes they'd involve her going to get the two of them coffee and coming back to find that Normani was gone, or she'd see her in a crowd somewhere and as she ran towards her Normani would slowly start to fade away. Scenarios that in the beginning would make Lauren's heart flutter but by the end she'd be gone.

The only thing more realistic than their love was the fact that they were so far apart from each other that at times it didn't even feel like it mattered.

Lauren rinsed the conditioner she'd let sit in her hair out and then turned off the shower. She wrung out her hair and grabbed her towel, wrapping it around her body. She pushed the shower curtain aside and stepped out. The bathroom was filled with the chatter of other girls, showers running and water coming out of sink faucets on the other end of the bathroom.