Decisions, Decisions

Okay here is that new chapter I promised I would upload yesterday. I think I'll probably upload another tonight hopefully. 

We are nearing the end, please bare with me. 

XX

..........................................

Normani had not noticed anyone but Leigh Anne once the elevator doors had opened. She was not worried or thinking about anything but seeing her girlfriend and receiving a kiss. She noted only their kiss and the way one tendril of her hair fell between her eyes and rested on the bridge of her nose once they'd pulled away. She moved it away as Leigh Anne spoke "I can't wait to tell you what name I've come up with for the dance, I think I've finally got it." She stopped talking then to turn around suddenly and look behind her. Normani could not see the person standing behind her as she chuckled and said "Oh I'm so sorry, are we in your way?"

Normani heard only a voice first but her ears picked it up and processed it immediately. Her heart instantly began beating against her chest like it wanted out as her mind wrestled with the probabilities. It could've been her but Normani did not want to believe it and she did not want to want it as badly as she was.

The mystery person giggled first, that laugh that would've sent tingles through her body otherwise felt like an earthquake now that she was hearing it for the first time in months. "No no, you're fine." She stuttered nervously but much to both of their obvious dismay Leigh Anne moved from in front of the elevator and to the side bringing Normani slightly with her and placing Lauren right in her eyes view.

If the sound of her voice had been like an earthquake the sight of the eyes that Normani had loved so much staring back into hers sent her into shellshock. She could've been drooling and wouldn't have known any better because the sight of Lauren had left her stuck. After a couple of seconds she began regaining her self-control but stayed in her position as she realized what this all meant. What she'd move back and forth from wanting and not wanting to happen actually had and it felt like nothing she'd thought it would and everything she'd thought it wouldn't. She knew what moving forward meant then and though she knew that there was no longer a say in the matter Normani still did not feel ready.

She decided that if whatever was going to happen next would ruin her she at least wanted to get something out of it. She chose to be selfish for a few more seconds and drink in every inch of Lauren. Her breath barely there and her entire being focused on the one person she'd secretly and openly and ashamedly been dying to see was there, for her.

Normani's heart worked overtime to keep her going as Lauren quenched Normani's thirst with a half-smile. "Hi, Mani." She offered gently and suddenly everything was going at a numbingly slow pace.

Her head spun as she prepared herself for the death drop the moment was about to take on. Her stomach seized as she forced herself out of the indeterminate state she was in.

"H...hi." She mumbled and then stopped speaking.

Lauren did not say anything back and they both just stood there and stayed quietly looking at one another with pain and want and desire and hurt and utter disbelief that only the two of them could read. Finally, Leigh Anne chuckled and said "You two must know each other."

Normani turned to the side quickly and felt the drop and her stomach flip as soon as she looked at Leigh Anne. She took a deep breath, looked back at Lauren and said "I've got to go." before taking Leigh Anne by her arm and pulling her into the elevator that was thankfully still there waiting for her like a getaway car.

She turned around once she and Leigh Anne were inside and watched through the crack of the doors as they closed Lauren's face as she broke in half. Normani closed her eyes and hung her head, she wanted off of this ride.