Chapter 9: Dad?

Brody's POV

My alarm woke me up once again and I jumped into the shower. I put my clothes on and made my way downstairs. Before I entered the kichen, I heard my mother talking to someone. I did hear the voice before but I couldn't put a name on it. When I saw who it was my jaw literally dropped.

"Dad?!" I was shocked, why the hell was he here?!

"Hey son." he answered.

Son?! He doesn't have the right to call me his son!

"I'm not your son! How dare you leave us and just come back 4 years later", I took a few steps forward until I stood right in front of him.

"Look I need to..."

"You don't need to do anything here, go away and never come back asshole", I said whilst taking my bag from the sofa.

"Brody language!!"

"Whatever mom, how can you let him back in? You know what he has done to us?" I said waiting for an explanation from her.

"Brody you need to talk to him" she said.

"I'm not going to waste my time on him, I'm going to school!" I said and closed the front door so forcefully that the whole house moved.

I decided to drive around the city to clean my head before going to school.

My whole world collapsed when I heard that I had cancer. Not only mine but also those of my sister and parents. My parents joined every doctors appointment at the beginning, but my dad backed out really quick after a few months. Dad said that it was too hard for him and that he needed to work for the hospital bills. After a year, I was told that my cancer was defeated but the chance that the cancer would come back was big. After that year, my dad left and never came back. My mom needed to pay al the left over bills, which were a lot. She worked overtimes just so she could pay everything off. That coward left us when we needed him the most. So he has no right to come back when everything was back to normal. He can go back to the cave he came from.

It was only 30 minutes until school would start so I drove to school, I had seen every corner of the city.

I saw my friends and Natalie in the hall and made my way to them. I wanted to forget everything for a while. I gave all my friends a handshake except for Nathan. I kissed Natalie on her lips and we kissed for a few minutes.

"Hey Brody, what did I do to deserve that?" She asked as she picked up my hand.

"Being beautiful" I said and turned back to my friends.

"Timothy, do you have some euhm you know" I asked.

"Do you wanna smoke?", he asked.

I answered "yes" and he said to follow him outside. I said goodbye to Nat and the rest and followed Tim outside.

"Here I'll light it up for you", he lighted up 2 cigarette's and gave one to me.

Safia's POV

I arrived at school and saw Amina and Malik waiting for me. I gave Malik a handshake and Amina a hug.

"So how was school without me?" Amina asked.

"It was fine, are you better?", I asked.

"Yes Alhamdulillah, I'm better", she said.

Maybe one day I'll tell them what happened yesterday but now wasn't the time. I know that Malik would snap and kill the guy and he would immediately tell Amin about him who would punch the shi... I mean jerk level out of him. Actually that wasn't a bad idea. No, stay on your level Safia.. Which was way higher than that jerk's.

Before we even entered the school I saw Brody smoking around the corner. Since when does he smoke? Should I talk to him about it? No! Mind your business Safia. Luckily, Amina and Malik didn't see him.

"We're going to work on our project, we don't have class until 9 am. We'll see you at lunch", Malik said and I saw Amina confirm that.

"Okay! See you later", I said waving at them.

Brody's POV

When I entered the school again I saw Safia at the lockers.

"Hey Tim I'll see you later", I said.

When Tim left, I made my way to Safia.

"Hey you", I said while I wanted to give her a hug.

"Okay nooo", she said while putting my hands down.

"We're maybe friends but we aren't that close" she said.

"And if I don't want to be just your friend?" I said totally messing with her.

"Euhm what?" I saw her cheeks turn red.

"I'm totally messing with you ha-ha. you should've seen your face." I laughed.

"Oh shut up, you almost gave me a heart attack" she said.

"Okay you can stop laughing now 'cause your breath smells like dead people" she also said.

I closed my mouth and remembered that I smoked earlier.

"Yeah just a new toothpaste", I said trying to cover my smoke moment.

"Don't lie, I saw you smoking earlier. I've never see you smoke before, is everything okay?" she asked.

My smile disappeared and a serious expression appeared on my face.

"Everything is fine" I responded while I broke eye contact.

"Okay, lying again. Just tell me, what's wrong", she said and she turned my face back to her with her fingers.

When she did that I felt something different, something I havn't felt before, not with anyone.

"Can we talk after school?" Safia suggested.

I nodded and told her to wait at the bench behind the shool.

*School was over*

Safia's POV

I sat down on the bench and waited for Brody. A few minutes later he was walking my direction.

"Hey stranger" I greeted him and he greeted me back.

"Soo spill it", I said.

"Okay so, 4 years ago they told me I had cancer. It was tough for me and my parents. We had a lot of hospital bills and my mom needed to pay them alone because my father left us. And this morning that coward was back in our house, acting like nothing happened."

"He moved away and started a new family" he stopped talking and was looking at his shoes.

"I'm so sorry for you Brody" that was the only thing I could say, what could I possibly say?

"When I saw him at our house this morning I didn't let him speak and left the house immediately".

"Euhm I lost my father when I was 12" I said looking at my hands. If I made eye contact with Brody I would have started crying again.

"Oh I'm sorry Safia" he said.

"He died in a car accident. I'm telling you this because I would do anything just to talk to my father again. Yes, your dad made some stupid decisions in the past.. But hear him out, you can just talk to him. I will not have that opportunity anymore." this time I looked at him and smiled.

"Thank you for the talk Safia" he smiled back.

"You're welcome friend" I responded giving him a punch on his upper arm.

"Come on, I'll give you a lift home", he said.

I nodded and we walked towards the car.

~~~~~~

⬇⭐ :)

~Edited by R3Hijabi ~