Chapter 38: Drunk

Safia's POV

I have never felt like this before. I was hurt by the things Brody said. Who wouldn't be? I was still human after all.

How can a person go from 'I love you' to 'you were a mistake' in just a few months?

Something was wrong, everytime he pushed me away he had a good reason.

Anyway, it was time for me to leave him alone and that's what I did.

For weeks I ignored him but saw everything he did. Even though we didn't speak, I still payed attention on every move he made.

He was with girls all day long and I heard that he was failing for alot of classes and on top of that, he went out every evening.

It was Friday today and we had a week off to prepare for our exams. I don't think I would be able to study as Brody was the only person I could think about.

My mom and brother asked me a few times if something was wrong, but what could I say?

"Yeah mom Amin, Brody is ignoring me since we've kissed." You and I both know what will happen next.

I was at my locker collecting every book I need to study and Malik and Amina were doing the same.

"Still heard nothing from Brody?" Malik asked me when he was done.

"Why would he, he made himself clear that I was a mistake." I responded closing my locker with power.

"Yeah but.."

"No Malik, just drop it." I interrupted him.

Malik has been really interested in mine and Brody's life. I felt that he was hiding something, like he knew why Brody was acting like this. I needed to figure out what was happening before it was too late.

Malik was tapping away on his phone whilst I was figuring out what my first move would be if I wanna know everything that was going on.

"Malik, can I use your phone to text my brother so he can pick me up? I don't have any credit on my phone anymore."

I know what I'm about to do is not acceptable, but if nobody wants to tell me what the hell was going on, then I'll have to do it my way.

"I can take you home." Malik offered.

"No thank you, I'll rather let Amin pick me up."

"Sure, here you go."

"Are you okay Safia? You've been down since Brody said you were a mistake." Amina asked.

I'm sick of people asking me how I was.

"I'm fine Amina." I said whilst pretending to text Amin.

I opened up a conversation between Malik and Brody and scrolled up until I was at the beginning of their conversation.

I was reading every message until I had read the entire conversation.

And I was right the entire time, something was indeed going on. And Malik knew about it all this time.

"No this can't be true." I said in denial.

This can't be happening.

"What's wrong?" Amina asked.

"TELL ME THAT I'M READING THIS WRONG MALIK!" I shouted out of anger whilst showing the conversation by holding the phone in front of his face.

"Malik? What is that about?" Amina also asked him.

At least Amina also didn't knew what was going on.

"Wallahi I'm going to kill him!" I said annoyed. I knew now what he was doing the entire time.