Epilogue

"The road to succes is never straight."

-Safia

~~~~~

"Brody, have you seen my blue hijab?" I shouted whilst I was still searching in the closet.

I have like a thousand hijabs and when I was looking for one, I could never find a single one.

"You mean this blue one? Because you have like a 100 blue hijabs." he said holding a blue scarf up.

"Yeah that's the one, thanks hun." I said trying to grab my scarf but Brody pulled it away and held it behind his back.

"Brody I can't be late c'mon!"

"And what do I get for finding your scarf?" He teased. He had his both hands behind his back and I knew what he wanted from me.

"If I have to." I gave in followed by a kiss. I grabbed my hijab whilst I pressed my lips against his.

"Thank you" I said walking away to the bathroom.

"You're very welcome." he responded following me into the bathroom.

I was doing my hijab in the bathroom and you know the struggles if you're a hijabi.

Brody stood behind me, wrapped his arms around my neck and was looking at me in the mirror whilst I was doing my hijab.

"You really think this is going to work huh?" I said giving up. I took off my hijab and turned around to face Brody.

"Well maybe you should stay at home." he said kissing my neck.

"I have a job interview, I wanna make a good impression and not be late." I said quietly.

To be honest, I wanted to stay at home. In bed all day, laying in Brody's arms. And he was doing everything he could to convince me.

Brody grabbed me more tigthly and continued kissing my neck and eventually moved to my lips.

We were kissing for a few seconds until I interrupted our moment.

"-Okay" I whispered pushing him gently away. "I really don't wanna be late." I added.

"You sure?" He whispered moving his mouth from mine and started kissing my neck again.

"Brody, we really need to get going soon."

"Okay fine, I'll let you do your thing." he finally gave in and released his grip.

"I love you." Brody said.

"I love you too." I kissed him one more time and watched him leave the bathroom.

Finally, now don't make this hard on me, be a good scarf and work with me.

"You ready?" Brody asked when I was finally done doing my hijab. One day my scarf was on in about 2 minutes, other days it took me 5 tries, and I had one of those days.

"Yes." I responded relieved and sligthly nervous.

"You took like 2 hours, in between then and now we could already h-"