Chapter 14: Schooltrip [part 5]

Safia's POV

I got back in my room after I left Nat and Brody. I hope that Brody isn't in any trouble, we were just talking. I care about him, that's all. We're friends... I think.

"Hey did you talk to Brody?" Amina asked when I got back in our room.

"Yeah, Nat is with him now."

"Wow wow, wait!" Amina dropped what she was doing and stood in front of me.

"It seems like you're jealous, like the way you said it."

"What?! Me... And Brody? Yeah right, you know what he's like." What was she thinking. I would never see myself with Brody, he's annoying and euhm... Anyway, he's annoying.

"Yeah he's hot." Amina winked.

"Amina sssssh and he's an Atheist remember."

"Well, maybe he'll convert." Amina suggested.

"Did you fall and hit your head or something? Talking about crazy ideas geez. I don't like him and he doesn't like me period!" I didn't want to talk about him anymore, Amina was crazy. Maybe she'll have a chance with him, but not me.

"Okay, let's just watch a movie. It's our last night here, so let's enjoy it." Amina said whilst she was putting on a movie.

I agreed but didn't watch much of the movie. I couldn't be in love with Brody, could I? No! He has a girlfriend and I have my religion, so drop it brain. If I don't wanna think about something, my brain does the exact opposite.

'You know what, let's remember that and that thing that happened today', sometimes I wish my brain had an on and off button.

The movie ended and we went to sleep shortly after that. Our parents needed to pick us up in the morning and I think that Amin was going to pick me up. I'll text him tomorrow.

*The next morning*

I woke up early and made my suitcase. I woke Amina up by the sound of my suitcase.

"Are you already up?" Amina asked with half open eyes.

"Yeah, I'm sorry did I wake you?"

"Doesn't matter, it's time to get up anyway." she stood up and made her way to the bathroom.

I was sitting on the ground, just me and my thoughts. I had a weird dream about Brody this night, Astagfirullah.. It wasn't a halal (permissible) dream. And I couldn't figure out why I dreamt something like that, maybe because Amina and I were talking about him last night. 

Amina came out of the bathroom and she also started making her suitcase. we talked about how we slept and made our way downstairs with our suitcases.

I wasn't looking forward on seeing Brody. I don't know if I like-like him but if I wanna avoid that feeling, I need to avoid him. He was standing besides Natalie, apparently they made up.

No, I'm not jealous.

Amina and myself sat down on the sofa at the meeting area were we needed to wait until everybody was downstairs. When I saw Nat and Brody coming my way I wanted to kill myself. So much for  the 'try to avoid him' plan.

"Hey Safia, I'm sorry that I freaked out yesterday. I know that you and Brody are just friends."

I felt Brody's eyes burning on me but I was too scared to look at him. I smiled and nodded on what Nat said. They walked away and I breathed out heavily, it was like I wasn't breathing the entire time they stood in front of me. I took my phone out of my pocket and started texting Amin.

Hey pig, can you pick me up later pls? This is the address: Long bridge road 188. XxSafia

The one thing I loved about Amin, was that he always had his phone in his hand so he would text back immediately.

Yeah I'll be there idiot. XxAmin

Amin pulled up onto the hotel's driveway. I said goodbye to Malik and Amina and got in the car. In the corner of my eye, I saw Brody getting in the car with his dad. I truly hope they talk things out.

Brody's POV

My father pulled up onto the hotel's driveway and I got in the car. At that moment I saw Safia also get in a car of a young male. Probably her brother, I kept following her with my eyes until she got in the car.

"So, who's the girl you can't keep your eyes off?" my dad asked.

"Oh, just a friend" I responded.

"Let's go dad."

He started the car and we drove away.

Natalie was getting picked up by her mother. We talked things out yesterday. I followed Nat after Safia and Amina left yesterday and found her in the meeting area. I explained everything and she eventually forgave me after a few tries. Even though there was nothing to get forgiveness for.

Dad and I stopped at a restaurant to have breakfast and we cleared the air eventually. It was a rough conversation but it was the best conversation I've ever had with him.

"You need to tell Britt dad."

"I know and I will do that" dad responded.

We left the restaurant and drove home. I invited him to stay for lunch but he rejected the offer.

"I'll be back tomorrow to talk to Britt."

She's my sister, and it was hard to not say anything to her.

I opened the front door and mom greeted me, I gave her a hug and told her everything.

"I'm sorry that I didn't say anything Brody" mom said..

"Don't be sorry mom, I was a jerk."

"Anyway I'm going upstairs to take a nap." I took my suitcase and made my way up. I unpacked everything and fell fast asleep. Even though it was only midday, I was pretty tired.

~~~~~

A new chapter again tomorrow :)

I hope you like the story so far.

⬇⭐

~Edited by R3Hijabi ~