Chapter 15: Mom's choice

Hey guys, I will post daily again from now on. My exam went great Alhamdulillah, for those who made a dua for me, I wish you all the best in life. May Allah grant you your biggest dreams!

~~~~~~~

Safia's POV

It was weekend, FI-NAL-LY, I thought.

I actually had fun on this trip to be honest, a lot happend. I mean, a lot! Brody saw me without a scarf on, his father has cancer, Nat was jealous on the connection I had with Brody and last but not least, I felt different towards Brody. I've never felt this way, I would immediately deny it when somebody would confront me with it but I needed to be honest with myself. I have never fallen in love before, I don't know why. I would always tell other people that it was haram but deep down I knew what the real reason was.

I sighed just thinking about it.. I just hope that I can one day love and be loved, In Shaa Allah.

I shook that thought away and made my way downstairs. When I arrived at the end of the stairs, I heard my mother talking to someone. I didn't recognize the voice, the voice wasn't familiar but I decided to greet the woman politely.

"Asalamu Alaikoum."  I greeted her when I entered the room. I immediately recognized the woman when I saw her, she was my mother's best friend from 'the good old school days', my mom would say.

"Ooh honey, you're way more beautiful than I could remember!" she squealed, looking at me from head to toe. I had no idea what she meant, I had my pyjamas on and my hair was literally a bush that needed to be cut. Just give her a minute and she will ask my hand in marriage for her son or something, I chuckled at that thought. Could you imagine ha-ha?

I thanked her and excused myself to go finish some homework. I was always trying to avoid visitors, I don't know why though. I'm a social person, but I didn't like talking about myself over and over again.

I went back downstairs an hour later and the woman had left already. I sat down at the kitchen table and started eating the leftovers of breakfast. Mom joined me and we started talking about school, our trip and my friends.

"Soooo...", Mom hesitated at first.

"What?" I asked.

"My friend said that you're really beautiful and if you would be interested to meet her son."

I bursted out laughing while my mom sat in front of me with a straight face. Yeah, that's what I said earlier. I knew this would happen.

"Mom are you serious right now?" I asked confused.

"I'm dead serious honey." she said with still a serious expression on.

"Ha-ha, I don't know if that's a good idea mom." I said laughing. I found it hilarious, let me pick my own damn future husband.

"Why not? Do you have someone else maybe?" she asked and her tone changed.

I swallowed while I was thinking about Brody.

"What?! Of course not!" I said raising my voice a bit.

"Okay okay calm down, so I don't get why you don't wanna give it a try?"

She continued, "You just talk to each other for a few months and if you like him maybe you can think about the next steps."

She did everything to convince me, "he's good looking, kind and a good Muslim."

I didn't want a kind, good looking or a good Muslim.. I wanted an arrogant annoying jerk who also is Atheist. What the hell was wrong with me? May Allah forgive me.

"You know what mom, why not." I said and a smile appeared on my mother's face. I will not choose an Atheist above a Muslim.

"You will not regret it, I'll inform my friend." she said and stood up. Maybe I was being crazy but who knows... Maybe he's a kind and social guy. 

This weekend flew by, I mostly finished the project because it needed to be turned in by Tuesday. I still needed Brody's part but I would ask for it tomorrow.

*The next morning*

I put my black jeans with a long white sweater, my blue hijab and blue All Stars on. Amina and Malik were picking me up again, those two were spending more time together than Amina and I did.

I received a text from Malik that they were waiting outside. I took my lunch and bag and wanted to walk out of the door until my mother yelled.

"SAFIA! Zakaria is picking you up after school!" my mom yelled. Who the hell is Zakaria? A secret brother I didn't know about?

"Who??" I yelled back.

"The son of my friend, the guy we've been talking about."

That's right... I totally forgot about him. Do I seriously have a blind date with him? I just agreed and walked out of the house, I'm actually curious of what he looks like.

I told Amina and Malik about Zakaria and they were surprised that I would let my mother choose a guy. Hey, maybe he's a nice and a 'husband material' guy, who knows.

To be honest, I was pretty nervous for my meeting with Zakaria. School was over and I was waiting for Zakaria to pick me up. I was alone, I saw Nat and Brody leave the school hand in hand.

Nat left and Brody spotted me a few moments later. He walked towards me and everything that happened on the trip was going through my mind.

"Hey princess." he smirked.

"Hey you." I responded.

"How did things go with your father?" I asked.

"Pretty good, we talked things out." he responded.

"I'm happy about that." I smiled and he smiled back.

"Oh by the way, do you have your part of the project? So I can finish it this evening?" I asked.

"Yeah, here you go. I want a 9 or higher, so do your best." he smirked again.

"And the annoying Brody is back", I rolled my eyes.

We laughed.

A few minutes later, a black matte range rover stopped in front of the school. That was honestly the most beautiful car I've ever seen. And on the look on Brody's face, he was also impressed.

"That's my ride." I proudly said.

"Who is that?" he asked.

"Just a friend of the family. Funny fact, my mother set us up." I responded

No, I didn't want to make him jealous, okay maybe a little bit.. I just wanted to see how he would react but he didn't seem to care though. We said our goodbyes and I made my way to my dream car.

Zakaria and I introduced ourselves and small talked about school and the future. He already graduated and started university this year. He seemed like a clever guy and was pretty good looking. He has brown short hair, that was cut even all over his head, light brown eyes and he's a bit more musculairly build than Brody. Why did I just compare him with Brody? Why not with Malik or some other guy? Anyway... We went out for diner and he gave me a lift home afterwards.

"Hey euhm... Can ... I have your number?" Zak asked.

"Sure.. Here, give me your phone." I didn't hesitate that much, he's a nice guy so why not give him a chance.

We said our goodbyes after I typed my number into his phone. I took the keys out of my bag and unlocked the front door. My mother immediately threw questions at me as soon as I walked in. We sat down and I told her everything. I was happy I had a mother with whom I could share everything with, no sneaking around.

I went to my room after our little chat and worked all night long on the project. I needed a 9 or above after all, I laughed at the thought.

~~

~Edited by R3Hijabi ~