Chapter 5: Muggle Food

Song: Like Gold by Vance Joy

Hermiones' eye's fluttered open. When she looked up she saw Draco hovering over her.

"Ahh!" Squealed Hermione. She thought about the last thing that happened to her before she woke up. She was face to face with Gregory Goyle. Now she's looking at Draco. Is he still a death eater? No, he can't be, thought Hermione.

A few moments later Harry rushed over to his friend, "How are you feeling 'mione?"

"Uh, fine."

The brunette sat up and realized she was in her apartment. Luna was sitting in a chair in the corner.  "I'm so confused." Stated Hermione as she rubbed her forehead, "How did I get here?"

"Well..." Harry scratched the back of his head, "After Goyle shot you with that spell, I quickly constricted him and sent him to Azkaban. After that I apparated with you to St. Mungo's, that's where I ran into him." Snarled Harry, as he looked over at Draco. "He thought we should take you back here incase death eaters were tracking you. I didn't trust him, until Luna arrived at the hospital and told me I could... honestly I still don't trust him, but he was the only healer working that shift so I had no choice but to let him heal you." Harry knelt down beside Hermione and grabbed her wrist, "Please forgive me."

"Harry, it's fine. He's over here all the time, he lives across the corridor." Responded Hermione, a little dazed.

Harry's eyes grew wide, "What?! He lives across the corridor? Do you want me to help you move? There's a guest bedroom at my place, I'm sure Ginny won't mind. I'll go get your stu-"

"Harry calm down." Said Hermione flatly, "I like it here. I'm not moving."

"But he lives in the same building as you! Does that not creep you out? Or at least make your skin crawl?" Asked Harry, as he shivered.

"I'm still here." Stated Draco, he was standing at the end of the couch by Hermione's feet.

Everyone ignored him.

"Draco and the others are different now." Said Hermione.

"The others?" Asked Harry calmly.

"Yeah... Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkinson."

Harry didn't even say anything, he just slid down into a chair and put his hands over his face. Harry was very worried, he wondered if Draco was holding her captive or something. After all those years of him tormenting Harry, Hermione, and Ron. Harry was sure she would never want to look at Draco again. Harry knew that she probably forgave him for all those years of bullying because, that's just the type of person she is. She forgives and forgets. Harry can't change that about her but that didn't stop him from worrying. "Just... be safe." muttered Harry. The green eyed man couldn't bear the thought of losing Hermione. She was one of his best friends.

"Can I talk to you alone Hermione?" Asked Harry seriously.

"Sure"

Harry and Hermione went back into Hermiones room, Harry put a silencing charm on the room.

"What do you want to talk about?" Asked Hermione as she sat down on her bed.

Harry stood in front of her, he pulled the resurrection stone out of his pocket, "This."

"Oh Merlin, you actually got it?

"Yeah, What should we do with it? I think we should dispose of it ourselves. We're the ones who started all of this all those years ago and I can't risk this getting into the wrong hands." Explained Harry.

"It's a bad idea to keep it... what if the ministry finds out we have it?"

"The ministry won't find out. Between the two of us we can do this single handedly. You're Hermione Granger, the brightest witch of our age and I'm Harry freaking Potter, the boy who lived, the chosen one, the one who killed Voldemort, the list keeps going." Explained Harry.