Chapter 7: Isolation

Song: Say It Isn't So by The Outfield 

The smell of coffee covered the entire apartment one Saturday morning. Hermione didn't have to go to work that day so she decided to have a lazy day. Luna however left the day before to go on a week long trip, to study Nargles in their native habitat. Hermione had the apartment to herself and planned on enjoying it. She sat on her couch reading a book while drinking coffee. 

Hermione enjoys her time off from work. It means that she can snuggle up with a good book and take nice long hot showers in the middle of the day. 

At promptly 11:43 Hermione heard someone knocking on her front door. Annoyed, she put her book down and answered the door. It was Draco Malfoy.

Hermione laughed when she saw that he was wearing red swim trunks and a white tank top. His pasty white arms and legs were visible, Hermione had to bite her tongue from laughing. 

"Did you just get off your Lifeguard shift ?" Teased Hermione.

"Ha ha." Said Draco dryly, "I'm here to use your balcony."

"My balcony?"

"Yeah. Remember a couple of weeks ago when we made a deal that I can use your balcony and you can use my Jacuzzi." Informed Draco.

"Oh right."  Hermione opened the door further and let him in. Draco stepped inside the apartment with a stereo, "Why do you have a stereo?"

"To make you ask questions." 

Hermione rolled her eyes. 

The young woman watched Draco go outside on her balcony and take his shirt off.

"Watching the show?" Yelled Draco through the glass as he threw his tank top in one of the chairs.

Hermione turned around and sat back down on the couch. She had to admit he had a nice chest. She picked her book back up and started reading it again, a few moments later she heard loud music coming from the balcony. Hermione sat up on her couch and looked through the glass doors separating her and Draco. He was laying on the chaise lounge outside, he was even holding a tanning reflector. 

Hermione slowly put her book down and stared at what she saw. Draco Malfoy was tanning and she got to witness it.This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. The brunette picked up her wand, "Accio Camera."

Just a few moments later Hermione's camera comes flying into her hand. She got up off the couch and opened the balcony door slightly. She stuck her camera through the crack and snapped a picture. When the flash went off Draco suddenly sat up. 

"Taking pictures of my gorgeous body, I see." Said Draco, as he leaned back down into the chaise lounge.

"Nope. I just want to remember this... seeing you tan is a once in a lifetime opportunity."

"Why don't you join me?" Asks Draco as he pats the chair beside him.

"No thank you." Answered Hermione. A new song came on Draco's muggle stereo, "The Outfield, eh? They were popular in the 80's, it's 2001 Malfoy if your gonna listen to muggle music you have to listen to todays muggle music."

Draco faked an offended look, "I happen to love 80's music and muggle music in general."

Hermione raised an eyebrow, "Right. Well I'm going to go back inside and read my book. Turn your music down."

"Always reading," Muttered Draco.

"I heard that," Said Hermione as she tried to open the balcony door, it was locked.