Chapter 17: Unlikely Allies

Song: Seeing Blind by Niall Horan and Maren Morris

Hermione walked back to her apartment the day after the ball. She could've apparated home, but she had a lot on her mind so she decided to walk instead. Auror headquarters was like a war zone, everybody wanted answers. Harry was the glue that held the Aurors together, without him there it was absolute havoc.

All of the witches and wizards on the street stared at the boy who lived's best friend. They felt sorry for her. Hermione tried to hide herself from the pedestrians.

When she entered her apartment building, she literally ran into somebody head on and their coffee spilled all over her scarf. When she looked up her eyes met Draco Malfoy's.

"Ohhh damn, that's hot," cursed Hermione, as she took her scarf off. It was drenched in black coffee.

"Oh Merlin, Granger, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to run into you like that," Apologized Draco, he took her coffee stained scarf from her, "I think it's safe to say that this scarf is never gonna be the same."

Hermione sighed. She was both emotionally and physically tired from work that day, she didn't need Draco to add to it. The brunette let out a long breath and kept walking.

Draco caught up to her and got on the elevator, right before it closed, "Long day, eh?"

Hermione leaned her head against the elevator wall, "you have no idea."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"No," stated Hermione with her eyes closed, she didn't want to deal with him at the moment.

"You'll feel better if you talk about it," Said  Draco as he leaned his head against the elevator wall mimicking Hermione.

Hermione glared at him out of the corner of her eye, "I'm just worried about Harry."

The elevator door opened, Draco followed Hermione to her apartment.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. He's gotten himself out of a ton of stuff over the years," Said Draco.

"It's just that," Hermione paused for a moment and leaned against her kitchen island, "Do you remember when we interrogated Goyle?"

"Yeah."

"He was arrested because he was in possession of the resurrection stone. He was even working for the Carrows," Said Hermione.

"I know. I was there too," Said Draco, he took at seat on one of the stools at the kitchen island. Hermione was standing across from him.

"But my colleagues don't, neither does Alice," Hermione looked up at Draco, "You can't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you. Promise me you won't."

Draco looked a little skeptical, "Okayyy."

"You promise?"

"Sure."

"Harry and I took matters into our own hands and destroyed the resurrection stone," Said Hermione slowly.

Draco looked a little surprised, "What? You could get fired for doing something like that, or worse sent to Azkaban."

"I know," sighed Hermione, "That's why you can't tell anyone."

"I won't," promised Draco, "How are you going to find Harry now since the other Aurors can't?"

"I guess I'm gonna have to go out on my own. I might be able to talk Luna into going with me, but who knows."