Chapter 30: Blaise's Socks

Song: Saturday Sun by Vance Joy

It was a drafty Tuesday morning, the apartment was quiet and peaceful. Well at least until none other than Blaise Zabini came strutting out of his room wearing nothing but boxer shorts and bright green knee high socks. His singing could be heard all the way in Hermione and Luna's apartment. Let's just say everyone within close proximity of apartment 23 woke up to the sound of Blaise screaming the song Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses.

Within no time Hermione and Luna were pounding on their front door. Both of them were still in their pajamas and they were very pissed off. When Blaise answered the door he was still singing, "She's got a smile it seems to me, Reminds me of childhood memories..."

"Shut up," said Hermione oddly quiet, "We're trying to sleep."

"Wait, do I smell pancakes?" Asked Luna.

"Yeah," responded Blaise, "Do you want some?"

Luna stepped into the apartment Hermione followed behind her.

"Do you happen to have any corn?" Questioned Luna.

"uhh," Blaise took a moment to think, "I think we do."

Hermione attempted to tame her bedhead and threw her hair back into a messy bun. Her tight curly hair now sat in a knot on the top of her head. A smile spread across her face when she saw Draco in the kitchen flipping pancakes.

"Hey, what are you doing over here?" Asked Draco right before he gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"Harassing me and my amazing singing voice," budded in Blaise.

Draco glanced over at his best mate, "I would've done it myself if she didn't beat me to it... Can a guy not make pancakes in peace?"

"Admit, Draco, you love my singing voice." Said Blaise proudly.

Draco scoffed, "Yeah, I absolutely love waking up to you singing 'I will always love you," on a daily basis."

"What are you gonna have to look forward to seeing in the morning once Pansy and I move out?" Asked Blaise jokingly.

The platinum blonde glanced over at Hermione and said, "Oh, I'll have plenty to look forward too." He sat the pancakes down on the kitchen table, "Have at it."

All five of them dug into the pancakes. None of them spoke as they stuffed their faces. Food can really shut them up.

Once Blaise finished he stood up, pushed his chair in, and belched, "That was good... I'm gonna go do something productive, like shower or find some pants to wear." He left and went to his room, taking his boxer shorts and knee high green socks with him.

Pansy buried her face in her hands, "And I'm marrying that, in a week."

The rest of them chuckled at the comment.

"Run while you still can." Said Draco.

Hermione intervened, "He's just kidding."

"No, I'm not... I'm dead serious." Said Draco semi-casually.

The brunette glared at him, "Don't say that," she paused for a second and looked up at Pansy, "You know this time next week you two will be married."

Pansy poked at her pancakes and a thin smile spread across her face, "Yeah, I know."

A couple minutes later Hermione caught Draco standing alone in the kitchen washing dishes. Quietly she came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his torso. He was a little startled, but a smile quickly formed across his face we he saw Hermione's arms wrapped around his torso. 

"Your pancakes were good," complimented Hermione.

"Thanks." He paused for a moment, "Do you think I'm a better cook than Blaise?" 

Before Hermione had the chance to reply Blaise interrupted her. He walked back into the kitchen fully clothed, ready for work. "You don't even have to answer that, 'Mione, I already know I'm a much better cook."

"Oh, don't flatter yourself," Joked Hermione.

The three of them exchanged casual conversation until it became time for Hermione to go back over to her place and get ready for work. Before Hermione left Draco surprised her by pulling her close and giving her sort but yet passionate kiss. When he pulled away they made eye contact for a couple of moments. They didn't need to exchange words, both of them knew exactly what the other one wanted to say: I'm so in love with you.

* * * * *

Hermione plopped down in the chair behind her desk at work. Auror Headquarters was exceptionally busy that day considering what had happened the day prior. St. Mungo's was restored back to the way it was before in no time. Thank God the fire didn't do too much damage on the building. 

It did not take long for Harry to realize that his best friend had finally gotten to work. Within a couple minutes of Hermione's arrival he was standing in front of her desk with a giddy smile on his face.

"Are you okay?" Asked Hermione a little concerned.

"I'm perfectly fine," he informed, "We aren't going to have to worry about Amycus Carrow anymore."

Hermione sat down the pen she was holding and laced her fingers together on her desk, "What do you mean?"

"Well," Harry rubbed the back of his neck, "Yesterday when I couldn't find you at St. Mungo's, I took matters into my own hands. I investigated the floor that was under attack and I was able to trace Carrows Magic. I wound up tracing him to some warehouse in muggle London. He was using the place as some sort of hide out, all kinds of dark objects were in there. I was able to restrain him and put him in Azkaban for attacking St. Mungo's. When I had the chance I wiped his memory of any knowledge he might have of us destroying the resurrection stone."

The brightest witch of her age sat there for a moment at a loss for words, "Harry Potter, you could've gotten yourself killed or worse fired!"

"I know, I know... It was risky but it was worth it." He countered.

A sense of relief came over Hermione as she let the news sink in. Both of the Carrows are in Azkaban and are not able to hurt anyone anymore. She let out a breath she did not realize she had been holding and smiled. "This is great, Harry."

"I know... We don't have to live in fear anymore." 

The two Gryffindors stood there for a moment in silence. Hermione was just then starting to notice how her life seemed to be falling into place. She had a job she loves, a nice apartment, amazing friends, and a boyfriend she thought she would never have. Life sure was looking up for her.

Harry interrupted Hermione's thoughts, "Well, I better get going... I have a meeting with Alice and some others in a little while ."

"Okay, I'll see you later."

"Bye," Said Harry as he stepped out of Hermione's office.

She watched him walk away, when he was out of sight she returned her attention to her work. By the time Hermione had finished everything that had needed to get done many hours had gone by. She glanced down at her watched and noticed that it was already five O'clock. The empty feeling in her stomach reminded he that she hadn't eaten since that morning at Draco's.

The ferret was all she can ever seem to think about. They truly make each others lives much happier. Without Hermione Draco was much more bitter, and without Draco Hermione was much more closed off. They perfectly balance each other. Who would've known that the two former enemies would one day grow to love each other?