Chapter 32: Empty Space

Song: Adore You by Miley Cyrus 

A blinding light came through the window and woke Hermione up. Lazily her eyes flickered open. She almost jumped out of bed when she realized someone was pressed up next to her, but then she realized it was Draco. After realizing that, she didn't hesitate to snuggle up closer to his bare chest. That's when she remembered that she was still undressed. 

Fear immediately came over Hermione. I'm not gonna be able to get back into that tight dress, she thought. Forcefully she made herself calm down and just enjoy the moment.

Within the next couple of minutes Draco woke up. A smile appeared on his face when he saw that Hermione was still nuzzled up next to him. He gently kissed the top of her head and she lazily looked back up at him.

"Good morning," Said Draco as he pushed back one of Hermione's stray hairs.

"Good mornin'" She replied.

"Sleep well?"

"Yeah," Hermione attempted to cover herself out of modesty. Draco just lightly laughed at her. "What?" She pulled the covers up to her neck.

"You're just so modest." He paused before adding, "It's adorable."

A sheepish smile spread across her face, "Some of us aren't born with an ego as big as others."

Draco put his hand over his heart, "I have to say I'm very offended."

Hermione made up the little distance in between them and lightly kissed him before getting up out of the bed. 

"Where are you going?" Asked Draco.

She found her undergarments on the bedroom floor and put them back on. Out of the corner of her eye she could see the dress she wore the night before discarded on the ground. She didn't even want to attempt putting that back on. "Back to my apartment I need to get ready for work."

"Don't go," pouted Draco.

It was tempting but Hermione had to decline. She found the white button up Draco was wearing the night before and put it on, she buttoned up some of the buttons. "I would if I could."

His eyes scanned her attire, "You look nice."

Hermione rolled her eyes, "Shut up."

"No, but really..." He paused for a moment, "You look good in my shirt."  

Blood rushed to her cheeks and she blushed a little. She mumbled, "Thanks." Before she turned around to leave she added, "Last night was... fun."

"Yeah, it was," agreed Draco with his classic smirk.

And with that Hermione left the room and went back to her own apartment. When she entered her apartment she made sure to close the door ever so lightly, so she wouldn't wake up Luna. Before she had the chance to turn around a voice in the room startled her.

"Well, well, well... What do we have here?"

Hermione snapped her head around and immediately took notice to Luna and Theo. Both of them were sitting on the couch drinking their morning coffee while watching television. Some muggle morning show was on. She suddenly became aware of her own attire and began to pull down on Draco's shirt in attempt to cover herself some more. She crossed her arms over her chest.

Theo shook his head in a kidding matter and said, "Never thought I'd ever see the Hermione Granger on the walk of shame."

She just rolled her eyes and made her way to her bedroom. The other two could be heard snickering on the couch. Before Hermione closed her bedroom door she said, "You're one to talk aren't you Theo."