Chapter 14: Dress shopping

Song: It's Still Rock & Roll To Me by Billy Joel

"I'm so excited about the ball, I don't know what I'm gonna wear yet... we should go dress shopping together!" Said Ginny, she was visiting Harry at work and decided to drop by and see Hermione too.

"I hate dress shopping... let me rephrase that, I hate shopping in general," Complained Hermione as she reclined back in her chair.

"Come on Hermione... you'll have to do it at least once in your life... you'll have to do it when you marry Malfoy," Said Ginny.

Hermione glared at her friend, she was doing a terrible job at persuading her, "First of all I'm not marrying Malfoy nor will I ever. Second of all I've already done it once, when I was forced to go looking for bridesmaids dresses with you for your wedding."

"Pleaseee Hermione, we never get to hangout anymore," Begged Ginny.

Ginny was right. The two girls never got to have girl time anymore, especially with both of them working full time.

"Okay," Said Hermione, sighing. "I'll go."

Ginny squealed in delight.

"We should ask Luna to come too, she's been out of town. She's coming home today," Commented Hermione.

"Yay! This is going to be a ton of fun!" Said Ginny, happily.

"Yep, I can hardly wait," Said Hermione dryly, a thought occurred to her, "And we can go to the book shop afterwards!"

Ginny looked down at her watch, "Well I should get going I need to get back to work."

"Come on if I'm going dress shopping the least you can do is go to the book store with me," Said Hermione jokingly.

Ginny got up and walked towards the door, "I'll consider it."

"Ginny Potter, co-" started Hermione but Ginny had made a run for it. The brunette laughed to herself, Ginny is such a character.

* * * * *

It was getting towards the end of the work day and Hermione was still at work with her colleague Noah. They had been trying to solve a case about a robbery at one of the shops in Diagon Alley.

"It's almost 5 o'clock and we still don't have a lead on this case," Complained Noah as he ran his fingers through his thick brown hair.

"Well," Started Hermione, she looked down at the paper work on her desk, "Have we used any tracing charms yet?"

Noah thought for a moment, "No, we haven't... that's a great idea. I'll make a note to do that in the morning."

"Okay, well I better get going," Said Hermione as she gathered her things, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye," Said Noah as Hermione walked over to the door, when she walked out Noah called after her, "Wait, Hermione!"

Hermione appeared at the door frame a moment later, "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine," Noah ran his fingers through his hair again, "I was just wondering if you would like to go to the ball with me...y-you don't have to, I just thought tha-"

"I would love too," Answered Hermione cutting him off, a thin smile spread across her face, "Bye, Noah."

* * * * *