Chapter Two

Recap:

"Even though I know it's not my fault I'm still sorry. I would never hurt you. You are the one person I would never hurt in my life. You're beautiful and amazing and smart and kind and brave. Who would ever want to hurt you? I know that you're mad at me but can you find it in your heart to forgive me and maybe still go on that date with me?"

End of recap

Marinette wasn't sure of what to say. His story did sound believable. It sounded like something Chloé would do but can she really trust him right now? Is he telling the truth? Or this a lie just so that he could hurt her again in the future? Marinette looked towards Alya who had her jaw wide open and was just staring at Adrien. She cleared her throat and that caught both Adrien and Alya's attention. They both turned to her and Alya knew what Marinette wanted just by looking at her face. Alya suddenly spoke which brought Adrien attentions towards her.

"Adrien come with me. Let's give Marinette some time to think things over."

Alya led Adrien downstairs and outside. They walked to the park silently and then they sat down on a bench. She looked at Adrien trying to still trying to wrap her head around what just happened. Adrien didn't like the stare but knew that he shouldn't break away. Adrien finally couldn't stand the silence. He asked "Why did you bring me here Alya?"

She looked at him for a couple more seconds before answering.

"Because I need to know if you're serious and I'm trying to figure out if you are. I can't have you hurting Marinette again. As her best friend I need to protect her and right now I'm trying to decide if I need to protect her from you. Is everything you said in her room true? Or is it a lie? And don't you dare lie to me Agreste. I'll know if you are and Marinette can't stop me this time from killing you." She looked at Adrien with a dead serious look on her face. Adrien knew he better not lie. He was a little scared of Alya to be honest. She can be scary when she's mad.

"Listen Alya. Everything I said was true. I meant it. I would never hurt Marinette intentionally. She is the only one that I want. I really do wanna go on a date with her. I thought that I would never get to after what happened. I get you are Marinette are probably still mad at me but can you forgive me at least? I don't wanna feel alone forever. All I have is Nino right now and he can't be there for me 24/7. Will you forgive me?"

Before Alya could say anything back her phone buzzed meaning that she got a text. She pulled it out and checked it. It was from Marinette.

Marinette: Go ahead and bring Adrien back now. I'm ready to talk.

Alya closed out of her phone and grabbed Adrien by the wrist and started leading him back talking all the way.

"I forgive you Adrien. I am still not sure if I trust you but you are forgiven. But if you EVER hurt Marinette again- Oh boy! Let's just say you'll regret it until the day you die."

By the time Alya was done talking they were at Marinette's house. They walked up to her room to find her in the same place as before.  She looked as if she was crying at one point but you would only see that if you looked very closely. She wasted no time as soon as her trapdoor closed she began taking.

"Adrien. I'm not sure if I should believe you or not. Are you doing this to hurt me even more or do you truly mean it? I want to believe you because I've had a crush on you for God only knows how long but I'm having trouble believing you."