Chapter Twelve

Recap:

"I'm sorry. I can't."

End Recap.

"Why? Why can't we be together? I will be okay just I want a legitimate reason why we can't be together."

"Because..."

"Because why?"

"GOSH DANG IT ADRIEN!!! LET ME TALK!!! We can't be together because I can't explain this to my parents without revealing who we are. I have already put enough people in danger. I can't put them in danger too. It's not fair to them. And what if they don't like you still. Then they hate half of Paris' superhero team. I can't reveal to my parents. They would hate me. I wouldn't be able to be Ladybug anymore. They wouldn't like me for who I really am. They would take my earrings away because they didn't want me putting myself in danger. I can't have that happening." She said starting to yell but calmed down. Towards the end she started crying.

I stood there shocked that she could think such a thing. I understand her parents not liking the fact that she puts herself in danger but they won't take her earrings. They are her parents. They will accept her for her. They love her no matter who she is. They won't take her earrings. They will embrace the fact that their daughter is a superhero that saves them from destruction. I knew I wouldn't be able to convince her but I was going to try. I might have to visit her parents later. I hope that I don't but I will. I will do anything for her.

"It's okay." I said as I pulled her into a hug. By now she was full on sobbing. I still held her wrist not letting her go. "I understand. But your parents deserve to know who you are at heart. They will accept you for who you are. They won't turn away from you. They will embrace you and the fact that their daughter is a superhero that saves their city from death and destruction. Will they be happy that you are putting yourself in danger? No but they won't take your earrings. I purromise you that everything will turn out purrfect if you just tell them. Is that the only reason you can't be with me? Is it because of your parents? I can talk to them for you if need be. I will do anything for you Mari. I don't want to do anything if you don't want me though. Mari, do you want me?"

I could feel the tear stains on my shirt but I didn't care. I suddenly felt her start to hug back. I smiled. Then I felt her nod 'yes' into my shirt. I knew what I had to do. I had to visit her parents.

"C'mon Mari" I started as pulled away from the hug that lasted for a couple minutes. "Let's go visit your parents."

I waited for her okay first before picking her up and carrying her like a bride to her house. When we got there I put her down. She still had red puffy eyes but she was smiling. She was happy with me. She was mine and I was hers.

"You should probably go in first since I'm almost 100% sure your parents hate me right now."

"That's a good idea kitty." She said as she ruffled my hair.

-Mari's POV-

I walked in closing the door behind me. I didn't want my parents figuring out that Adrien was out there until I told them.

"Mom? Dad? It's me. Marinette."

"We are in the kitchen honey." I heard my mom yell.

I walked into the kitchen and saw Alya sitting there.

"Sit down Marinette. We need to talk." My dad said in a demanding voice.