37.

Naruto Music/ ost's sound great while reading the video in the link in the comments has all epic Naruto ost's that can enhance your reading. You pick the song for the book part. I suggesst to listen to Lightning speed (link to "Minato vs Tobi") at the first marked spot, and Hurricane suite at the next marked area. Anyways enjoy!

*

Mitsuki POV

Hiroomi, Akira and I had just arrived in Konoha. We jumped out of the carriage and headed quickly towards the Hokage tower. We were greeted by hurried Kakashi sensei in the front of the tower. "Mitsuki-sama, Hiroomi, Akira we need you to follow Shikamaru's team in retrieving Sasuke." "Ok Kakashi-sensei...but how do we get there?" he looked down. "Mitsuki you have a ninja hound is that right?" I nodded and pulled out a summoning scroll. "Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" I exclaimed. My puppy Hiroshi appeared. The last time I summoned him was during my first encounter with Naruto and the others. "My lady how may I assist you." I looked up to Kakashi "Kakashi sensei do you have-""Yes this is one of Sasuke's old training shirts. "He held it up to Hiroshi's nose and Hiroshi took off.

We ran through the forests when I spotted a badly injured ninja. "Akira see who that is." I said urgently. He jumped down and picked up the nin, carrying it back to us. "Choji!" I exclaimed "Akira get him back to village right away!" "Yes Mitsuki." He answered running back fervently.

"Ni-san lets hurry who knows what else we'll see!" I commanded "right!" he answered as we began to jump through the trees. Hiroomi suddenly stopped running "Mitsuki I see someone!" he spoke with seriousness. "Get him." Hiroomi jumped and picked up a beaten and unconscious Neji. "Ni-san bring him back to the village!" Hiroomi looked at me worriedly. "You should bring him back who knows what will be up ahead." I looked at him urgently "No we have no time, I'm stronger I'll be fine take Neji back he needs medical attention right away!" Hiroomi-ni looked shocked but nodded and ran back.

'Hurry!' I told myself as I jumped as fast I could through the forest. I stopped hastily as I saw four figures standing in front of two defeated ones. "Shikamaru!" I exclaimed jumping down. "Mitsuki-chan!" I turned to see Temari, Kankuro and Kiba as well. Kiba was badly injured. "I see that you engaged in fighting the enemy. Where are the others" "Yes, Gaara went to aid Lee and Naruto went to retrieve Sasuke." My eyes narrowed 'how many of them are we up against exactly?' "Alright then I'm going to aid Naruto, Akira and Hiroomi are already on their way back to the village with Choji and Neji. I suggest you go back and get your injures tended to." I looked at Kiba worriedly "I'd hurry he doesn't look so good" I murmured running towards Kiba as he fell over. "Alright lets go!" Shikamaru exclaimed with a tailing Kankuro and Temari.

*

I continued running past them following Hiroshi he was far ahead so I needed to run faster. I soon noticed a battle field like no other. Around Lee and Gaara were a valley of jagged bones. "Gaara! Lee!" I exclaimed jumping down on Gaara's sand. "Mitsuki-sama!" Gaara stammered "Go back!" I insisted "I'll go after Naruto. You both are injured. You both need medical assistants." Lee looked at me with tearful eyes "Mitsuki-chan thankyou for your kindness! Please make sure Naruto is safe!" I nodded looking down "That is one thing I promise...Now go!" I turned around and immediately began to jump off the bone like rocks. Hiroshi was waiting for me and I knew he did not want to wait any longer.

I thought to myself 'After we got home from the Leaf village we had received news about Lord Thirds passing. I remember crumpling up the letter right in front of father and ni-san.' I smirked 'the old man was going to make me keep my word forever wasn't he... well than since I'm not one to back out on a favor or a dying wish I'll have to keep that promise and protect Naruto.' "What I burden" I murmured to myself.

I had reached the waterfall where I saw Sasuke standing over an unconscious Naruto. My eyes grew big as I began to run towards them. "SASUKE!" he looked up at me his once deep untainted onyx eyes stared at me with lust. A lust for power that is. "Mitsuki. Are you here to stop me?" I stayed silent. "Or are you here to come with me? I glared at him "HOW COULD YOU HURT NARUTO!" he looked shocked but smirked to my surprise. "He was in my way of gaining power." I glowered at him "Sasuke! You lied you said you'd never leave!" he frowned at me. "But you left...Anyways if you come with me then I don't have to break that promise." I began to shake my fist clenching. "Sasuke! I won't let you leave!" he frowned stepping back "forget it if you get in my way I'll kill you." He growled. I stood in battle stance. He was already very injured and I could tell he was going to lose. But then he did something unexpected. He placed the tip of his kunai to Naruto's unconscious head. "Mitsuki he's still alive. If you get in my way I'll kill him." I stared at him in disbelief "Sasuke..."

He just glared at me. I quickly jumped towards him making him hold Naruto's head tighter. "LET HIM GO!" I screamed only ten steps from them. "I'll let you go if you spare him...If you injure him any further I'll hunt you down and kill you!" I snarled. He just smirked shrugging his shoulders. "Whatever you say." He got up and turned to run. However, before leaving he turned around "Don't think about coming after me, I need to do something neither you or Naruto can understand. And if any of you get in my way I won't show mercy." I stared at him in shock as he disappeared into the trees.

I ran to Naruto picking him up in my arms as I began to cry. "N-naruto-kun..." I cried when I felt someone behind me. I turned to see Kakashi he looked just as distraught. He turned away cursing to himself about being too late. He picked Naruto up and motioned for me to follow him.

I followed my face moist the endless tears dripping down my face. Once we reached the Hospital, my eyes met with an angered Tsunade-sama. I turned towards Sakura her expression was just as mournful as mine was. "Mitsuki-chan..." she murmured I saw the hope in her eyes die as I fell to my knees. "MITSUKI!" she screamed picking me up. The next thing I knew I was in a hospital room with Neji, Choji, Lee and Kiba. Shikamaru stood at the door crying. "I don't deserve to be a ninja." He murmured. His father looked at him in shock "Shikamaru what are you saying!" I looked over at all my injured comrades and finally at the one to my far left. Naruto.... He was injured badly a face of sadness covered his unconscious face. I stared at him tears coming out of my eyes. I began to realize I had a new goal. A new favor to myself. I was never going to let one of my comrades down again. I was never going to lose a friend by my very own hands. I thought back to Sasuke. If only I had jumped in front of Naruto before confronting him... I could've forced him to fight. Then he would be back here with us.

~Hey guys! That was the end of a very serious chapter. Hope you guys enjoyed! Please leave a like and a comment it means soo much! And see you guys again tmrw!~