Screamed 'I Hate You's and Whispered 'I Love You's- Chapter Four.

POV OF MAEVE

I stood there staring into the woods, watching as the last of the werewolves disappeared deeper into the forest. Grayson tugged my hand again, staring at my face with an odd look as he waited for me to follow him.

I'm guessing my mum saw my internal battle with my self, because she made her way over to me, smiling brightly. "Honey, I want to introduce you to someone." She looked from me to Grayson, then to our tangled hands.

"Oh! Oh my, honey is he your mate?!" Mum bounced up and down, just as Grayson and I shouted "No," At the same time. She immediately stopped, got her self together and apologized. Grayson laughed it off, dropping my hand from his and mum took the opportunity to grab my arm.

"See you later, Maeve." Grayson nodded, tearing off his clothes and turning into an auburn wolf. I waved gently back at him, before following my impatient mother to a group of men and my father. She plopped down on my dad's lap, and pointing to the male sitting next to my father.

"Do you remember him? Adrian?" Mum smiled at the man, but her smile was a bit uneasy. Her eyes flickered back up to me as she waited for my response. As quickly as possible, I rummaged through my brain. Adrian. Adrian.

"Your a good friend of Uncle Cam's?" I guessed, hoping my good memory was right.

"Yep," Adrian smiled, "This is my son, he's two years older then you. His name is Brad," Adrian spoke, wrapping his arm around the blonde woman that had walked over, who was obviously his mate- by the way he was looking at her.

I looked over at Brad, he was an exact younger replica of his father, except that Brad's hair was a tad longer. Mum smiled up at me, "He's a looker, isn't he? He's a guard." Her words almost sounded teased; and I could tell she approved of him. The smile dad gave me told me he approved of him too, and I looked at Brad, who was staring at me just strangely with that intense look.

"Hey," I tried to break the awkwardly silence, reaching out my hand for Brad to shake. Instead, he grabbed my hand, smiling slightly and pulling me onto his lap. I let out a short, feminine scream as I landed uncomfortably on his muscled lap.

Every one around here was now looking at us strangely, and I couldn't stop the bright blush that covered my cheeks. I was REALLY making an impression at this BBQ. What the hell was Brad doing?

"She's my mate." His voice sounded strained, and I gave him a 'What-the-hell-are-you-saying' look. Mum jumped up from my dad, a huge grin on both of their faces. Every one cheered, and I furrowed my eye brows as I stared up at Adrian.

I didn't feel the sparks as he touched me like mum said I would. Sure, he was attractive, but I don't think he was my mate. I stayed silent, I think enough drama has happened during this BBQ; I'll say something later.

What if maybe Brad was my mate? What if I was just being an idiot and not realizing it?

I caught Adrian in the corner of my eye smirking, and gave Brad a sinister nod. I looked up at Brad, who had me squashed into his chest. He smiled down at me, but it was easy to tell the smile was forced.
"Oh, I want a picture!" Mum squealed, pulling out her iphone 4G and snapping a photo of us. In the picture, it seemed as if I was looking up at Brad with a small smile, as he grinned down at me. To human eyes, it seemed as if we were in complete love.

"That's going on Facebook!" Mum shouted, and everyone laughed at her excitement. Brad stayed quiet, he seemed self reserved, something that a guard should be.

Mate. I tested the word out on my tongue quietly, and Brad looked down at me, an amused expression on his face. It didn't seem right.

We all ate, and I was forced to stick by Brad's side the whole night. I was more then sure the whole pack had heard by now, and finally, the night had ended.