Screamed 'I Hate You's and Whispered 'I Love You's-Chapter Nineteen

POV OF MAEVE

Now in my human form, I stepped out into the meadow where my parents were, allowing them to see me. The second I did so, they both snapped their heads in my direction and stared.

    "Maeve," Mum breathed out, watching me with fear. I was shaking, anxious to finally find out the answer I had been waiting for.

"Please," I whispered, "Please I need an explanation," I begged, not realizing I had fallen to my knees, my head now spinning. Griffon was behind me, holding me up while he shushed me peacefully.

"I-I" Mum cried, looking over to Daddy for help. He placed his hand on her back and started walking towards Griffon and I; giving us both a fake smile.

"I don't where to start." Daddy truthfully mumbled, leaning down so he sat on the ground next to me. Griffon also took a seat, pulling me onto his lap.

"The beginning would be nice," Griffon snapped, pulling me even closer to his body.

Mum sighed, now sitting down also. We must of looked funny, sitting in a circle like this.

  "When I was younger," She breathed out, "I discovered I couldn't have children."

She stuttered, before starting again, "And when I met your father, he was seventeen. He thought I was a child, a baby, since I was only fourteen. He-he rejected me."

I gasped, leaning back into Griffon. All of this was brand new to me, but I wondered, if my mother was not able to have babies, how did she have me?

"So he went around, sleeping with girls his own age," Her voice was strained, "And at a bar one night, he met this girl... Her name was Bridgit, but..." She began to sob, my father taking her place and started talking.

"Bridgit was your mothers doppelgänger. A doppelgänger is a double of a living person, and Bridgit knew all about your mother & my situation. She was a mean, horrible person, and ended up getting pregnant... With a child of mine."

Mum cut him off, "But I was also pregnant, magicly, I was pregnant with your fathers child. He had accepted me before he slept with Bridgit. When I gave birth to my baby, days later she died, and Bridgit came to the house." Mum cried even harder, "She had you in her arms, and a knife to her own throat. She said what she had to do was important... She handed you to me and sliced her own throat, right there in front of me."

  "She couldn't take care of you, Maeve. She really couldn't."

 I was blown away, I didn't know what to do or how to react.

"So you're not my real mum?" I whispered, and mother nodded sadly. "But you're my father?" Daddy nodded, looking oddly pale.

"Which means you're not actually related to my mom or dad, which means we aren't really cousins." Griffon smiled widely, "It all actually makes sense now."

I couldn't manage to pull a smile onto my face though. In that moment, I felt my heart break. My real mother was gone and I'd never actually meet her, my own life has been a big secret. Somehow, and very painfully I was sure, my life would continue. With or without my real mother, right?

"Evie?" Griffon whispered, pressing a kiss to my temple, "Do you want to head home?" His presence warmed me, and I shook my head silently.

Mum was frowning, watching me with her red rimmed eyes. "I'm so sorry, baby, I'm so sorry." She whimpered, breaking out into tears once again. Daddy stood up, grabbing her and holding her tightly. I breathed in a shaky breath, looking up at Griffon. He gave me a assuring smile, squeezing me tightly.