Screamed 'I Hate You's and Whispered 'I Love You's- Chapter Five.

POV OF MAEVE

The second we reached the bedroom, my arms flew around Brad's neck, and I pressed my lips to his. The way I moved my lips against his didn't feel right. No sparks.

"Brad," I moaned, realizing not only was he not kissing me back, but he was refusing to touch me.

He pushed me away, "Maeve, I'm not ready.." His words were twisted and stuttered, leaving me with a smirk.

"Brad, your not my mate." I countered him, waiting for his reaction. His eyes widened and his jaw nearly dropped.

"I-I am.." He stumbled for words, and I crossed my arms over my chest, glaring down at him.

"Why'd you lie?" I asked again, but suddenly, Brad's face turned red- and he look furious.

"I'm not lying! Do you have to act so disfuctional?!" He nearly shouted at me, as I stumbled backwards, his anger clearly amusing me. The door flew open, and dad rushed in, looking pissed off. He glared down at Brad, who twitched at his very look.

"Are you scaring my daughter?" He growled at Brad, who shook his head no. I covered up quickly for the both of us, deciding we needed to get this whole 'am-I-your-mate-or-not' situation under control.
"We had our first arguement daddy, it's okay." I spoke softly, and dad's gaze softened as he nodded at me. Brad looked completely relieved, but I sent him a 'we're-talking-about-this-later' look; and I watched as he cringed.

Dad left the room, and Brad silently watched me, I took deep breaths as I got my self together, applying my lipgloss to my now red lips from kissing Brad so hard. I nodded once at him, and he grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the room as I trailed behind him slowly. Mate or not?

The question was infinite, plus my mind was already pounding, I was still trying to adjust to the knew town. I hadn't made many friends, even though I've only been here for two days.

As Brad and I reached downstairs, he sat down on the couch across from Uncle Zander and Aunt Summer, who were snuggled together as the TV played. He pulled me down onto his lap a little too quickly, but he seemed almost tentative before hand.

He wrapped his large hand around my waist, tugging me into his muscled body even closer, his touch eccentric. He leaned his head on my shoulder, making himself comfortable, as I laid back on his body. And like always, I didn't like his touch. Not one bit.

"Hey girl," Lily bounced up to me, her dark curls flying behind her as she did so. As expected, Mike walked inches behind her, his expression soft as he watched her skip towards us.

"Hey," I smiled, trying not to figit in Brad's grasp, but it seemed like it was getting tighter by the second.

"I'm turning wolf and going for a run, would you like to come?" She offered, her eyes showing that hopeful gaze, as Mike peered over her shoulder, his expression serious- as if he was thinking 'if you say no and hurt her feelings, I'm going to hurt you.'

Nervously, I knew my adamant answer for this. My wolf was pushing out, trying to take control, because I haven't been for a run in two whole days and she was getting excited at the thought of shifting.

I understood Lily was nice, and she was one of the few that didn't bully me when we were kids, but I was insecure. There was an angel on my right shoulder telling me that Lily didn't bite; she would never insult me- but the devil on my left shoulder was saying the opposite, it could all be an act so you'll let her in, then she'll break you like they did before.

I was stuck and trapped, staring into Lily's dark eyes as she searched my eyes for an answer, I realized I was taking way too long to answer such a simple question, "Sure."