Screamed 'I Hate You's and Whispered 'I Love You's- Chapter Fourteen.

POV OF MAEVE

This was it, our first kiss. It was going to be magical, and I began to wonder, were his lips as soft as they looked? Was he a good kisser? Would I be a good kisser?

"I don't think so," A man's voice echoed around the room, though it took me a minute to realize who the voice belonged to. I jumped off Griffon, landing next to him on the bed.

"Daddy!" I screamed, glaring at my father who was now standing at in the door frame, his large figure shaking. Griffon laid next to me, pulled me into his side protectively. I was a daddy's girl, but at a moment like this, I felt like killing him. I didn't even get a chance to kiss Griffon yet.

"Maeve, get up. Your going back to your room. NOW." Dad ordered, his voice cold and he ignored Griffon's presence. Griffon's arm that was wrapped around my waist pulled me in closer.

"No disrespect, Mr Brittles, but Maeve is staying here with me." Griffon spoke, his alpha power showing in his voice. I smiled up at him, thinking it was cute that he called my father Mr Brittles even though he was allowed to call him by his first name.

My dad didn't seem to find it so cute, because he let out an animalistic growl that made me cringe into Griffon's side.

"I will not leave with out my daughter. She will not be another one of your play toys,"

I felt Griffon flinch, I knew he regretted being with all those women, and having it brought up was a hard topic for him- especially around me. Even though I was jealous, and annoyed about his player ways, I grabbed his hand, playing with his fingers in a comforting way.

"Maeve will never be one of play toys," Griffon snarled back to my father, sitting up in the bed, obviously angered. "She is mine, and only mine."

The words itself made my father stop moving. He froze in the doorstep, and I couldn't even hear him breathing. His heart was still beating, so I knew he was just holding his breath.

"Dad?" I whispered, but my dad was frozen. He wasn't answering me, and he took a few steps into the room, holding onto the large dresser to keep his big body up.

"Griffon," My father hissed, his voice a weak whisper. Instantly, I went to get up to comfort my father, but I was pulled down by Griffon and kept by his side. I placed one of my hands on Griffon's chest, staring at my strangely acting father.

"Is my baby girl," Dad seemed to be having such a hard time saying what ever he had to say, "Your mate?"

My body stiffened. I lost my breath. My eyes were glued to my mess of a father, and I felt Griffon's chest moving to his deep breaths. We both didn't know what to say, I didn't want to lie to my father, but at the same time I was nervous what he would do if he knew.

"You can't tell any one daddy," I whimpered, finally catching my breath and my father seemed to do the same.

"Your mother was right- about Brad lying?" Dad questioned, his voice sounding stronger, and he stood up taller. I could sense Griffon's anger at Brad's name, I knew he didn't understand why Brad lied about that, but I did. His father was one crazy bitch.

"Yes, but it's not his fault." I whispered, talking more to Griffon then to my dad. Both men nodded.

"We will talk about this. When you guys decide to tell people. I'll keep it from your mother for a week, and then I'll tell her. But until then I'm going to pretend this never happened- or I'll probably end up killing you, Griffon." My father said, took a deep breath, and left the room. Griffon and I stayed silent until we heard the front door close.