Screamed 'I Hate You's and Whispered 'I Love You's-Chapter Twenty Three

POV OF MAEVE

Lance collapsed to the ground, gulping for air. Immediately, I rushed over to his side, helping him to his feet as I checked his neck. Dark bruises were already beginning to form. I could sense Griffon behind me, and he was freaking out in his mind.

"Lance," I whimper, feeling horrible and embarassed that had happened. My best friend gives me a forced smile and refuses to look at the man behind me. I don't even want to look at him right now, to be honest. "Let's get you upstairs, I'll take care of this." My fingers skim over the bruises on his neck. Lance flinches.

"Maeve," Griffon growls lowly, but I don't bother looking at him. Don't you dare go upstairs with him. I scoff out loud, typical Griffon- threatening me through our mindlink. I was done. Furious. On the verge of having a breakdown.

I grab Lance's hand and begin leading him up the stairs. I'm stopped short when Griffon grabs Lance's hand out of mine and pushes him away. I can see it in his eyes- he can't calm down- but I'm too upset to even care.

He knew Lance was my best friend! And he hurt him like that! I glared as viciously as I could at Griffon, swinging my fist towards his chest. He barely reacted, and I grabbed Lance, yanking him up the stares and ignoring Griffon. Of course I could hear him screaming after me and growling- and following us upstairs.

We reached my bedroom and I let Lance enter first. Before Griffon could grab me, I swurved into my room and locked the door on his face. He bashed on the door viciously.

You are in so much trouble when I get my hands on you. Griffon snarled into my mind; only making me angrier.

"Go downstairs Griffon. I don't want to see or even hear you right now." I screamed at the door, feeling bad that Lance would have to witness a fight. "Actually, you know what? Go grab me a luggage, Griffon. I'm leaving."

Griffon stopped making any noise. I could barely hear his shallow breathing behind the door.

"Evie," He whispered my nickname, "Don't do this, please." And I almost didn't. He sounded so helpless that my heart nearly broke. I put up a wall, blocking Griffon from entering my mind.

"I can get my luggage myself than," I spoke confidently, turning back to Lance. He was sitting on my bed and had his head lowered. "I'm sorry Lance, he's normally not like this." I walk over to Lance and lift his head up, examining his neck.

I coughed out a sob, half because of the bruises on his neck; half because I had made up my mind. I was leaving tonight. When I was less angry about this happening and Griffon apologized to Lance- maybe I'd come back. But I needed to get out of here.

"He's not good for you, Maeve." Lance mumbled as I gently ran my fingers over the shape of a thumb. "He's not worth it, you deserve so much more."

I frowned at Lance, "He's better than this. Sometimes I don't deserve him and sometimes he doesn't deserve me. But Griffon makes me happy," My lips curve up into a smile, "He's always made me happy. Although he's a big aggressive, possessive asshole a lot of the time- he protects me and cares about me."

Lance scowls, then nods his head. "As long as he makes you happy. But if he ever lays a finger on you, or hurts you in anyway possible, I'm coming to get you and you will never see him again. I don't want you getting hurt, Baby Mae,"

I smile up at my best friend, "I trust you will, Lance." I pat his knee, "Do you want ice? I can get you some." His bruises probably would take a day or two to heal since he was human- maybe even longer than that.

There are three raps at the door and I get up. I know it is not Griffon because I would feel him. Swinging open the door, I'm greeted by a scowling Aunt Summer.