Screamed 'I Hate You's and Whispered 'I Love You's-Chapter Twenty One

POV MAEVE

"Is it bad that we didn't know about this?" Aunt Summer cracked a grin, nudging an all too serious Uncle Zander. He sat stiff in his seat, eyeing both Griff and me strangely.

      "You two are excused." He randomly stated after a long awkward silence. I stood up, still feeling uncomfortable. Thankfully, Griffon was right next to me, and he gave a nod to both of his parents before wrapping an arm around me and leading me out.

"Being an Alpha must be hard," I whispered as we walked through the semi crowded living room, toying with the string on Griff's sweatshirt. Griffon cracked a small grin, shaking his head.

"It isn't for my mom. My dad makes sure to do everything because he hates when she's stressed. Well that- and my mom's a bit of a trouble maker."

I snorted, picturing Aunt Summer laying around a pool relaxing as Uncle Zee sat in his office for hours working. I leaned against Griff a bit, puckering up my lips and feeling the stares of some people in the pack.

"Are you going to make me do all the work?"

He shook his head, not leaning down to kiss me. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering if he still didn't want anyone to find out.

"Alpha Stone left last night, something happened in his territory." Griffon tensed up, his hold on my arms tightening, "We don't know if he's okay."

Immediately, even though I felt worried too, I tried to sooth Griff first. I gently traced his tensed up jawline, before both of my arms slid down to his amazing biceps.

"He's a big boy, he'll be fine. I'm sure it's not his first obligation to call you and tell you that he's alright." Relaxing into Griffon's arms that wrapped tightly around me, I couldn't help but feel a bit insecure at the looks we were beginning to get from certain people in the pack.

Griffon, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind at all, or rather- he didn't even seem to notice. So when he pressed his lips down to mine, and some people gasped out loud, he shot back; startled.

     Seeing that everyone was only gasping at him kissing me, he growled at the bystanders. "Am I not allowed to kiss my mate in public?"

      The room went silent, and many people's jaw dropped. Mine would of too, if Griffon hadn't kissed me again. No one even dared to say a word, but that silence was soon broken by the one girl who was set out to ruin my life.

             "But you two are cousins!" Sage squealed, "That's disgusting, that's incest!"

Her followers took a step back, their heads lowered. Sage stood all alone and didn't even notice.

 "No way will I have an alpha that claims his cousin is his mate!" She shouted, her face red with anger and jealousy lingered in her words. I pressed myself into Griffon, slowly breathing. To say I felt insecure would be an understatement, and to be honest, I wasn't feeling very well at that point.

     "Sit down." Griffon snarled, his body huntched forward and I watched as the weight of the alpha command pushed her down to the ground. She looked like she was struggling, like she was trying to keep herself standing, but eventually she collapsed.

           "I have every right to exhile you from this pack." Griffon's voice lowered considerably and his words were growled out in the most terrifying way. "Do you understand?"

Sage nodded, her bottom lip trembling, and for a moment, I almost told Griffon to stop.

"Do you understand?!" He hollered even louder, causing the girl to fall back just at the tone of his voice.