Screamed 'I Hate You's and Whispered 'I Love You's-Chapter Twenty

POV OF MAEVE

There are some situations I just can't handle. So I do what my primal instinct tells me to do- I run. I've never really been a good runner, but when I need to, I can run fast. My legs pounded down the stairs, relieved I had put clothes on. When finally I hit the bottom floor, Griffon was right in front of me, leaning back on the door.

      "Going somewhere?"

I screamed, turning on my heel. I started to run the other way, but when I did, Griffon was in front of me again.

"How are you doing that?" I screamed, getting ready to turn again. But I was stopped by Griffon who was smirking, holding my arms.

He leaned in close, his green eyes shining, "Alpha- remember?"

      I watched him, not even answering. His lips finally pressed down on mine roughly, and on instinct I fell against his body, wrapping my arms around his neck. Now that we actually knew the truth about how we weren't related, I wondered if we could tell people now about us.

"You're mates?" Grayson interrupted, and I pulled away to look over at him. Even though I wasn't exactly extremely close with Grayson, I still thought I was a decent friend. I considered him one of my closest friends here, and by the sad look on his face- I hope he hadn't thought we would turn into something more.

     "Yes." Griffon answered, pulling me closer, "She is mine." His lips then crashed onto mine once again, and I pulled away; looking over at a heart-broken Grayson.

"But, Maeve... You.." He stuttered, watching me with puppy dog eyes. "Never mind. Congrats." His voice was hard and aloof at the end before he ran out the front door. I desperately tugged out of Griffon's grip, but it only tightened on me.

"Grayson!" I called out, feeling horrible. He looked so innocently sad; guilt ran through my body. Griffon yanked me back towards his chest, wrapping one of his arms around my waist and placing his other hand on the back of my head.

I didn't even notice my eyes had filled with tears until they came crashing down on Griffon's shoulder, who held me tight against him.

"Shh..." He hushed me, his lips touching my ear gently. I crumpled like something heavy just smashed down on me, my legs going numb underneath me. Silently, Griffon lifted me up into his arms like I was a child, letting me spill my tears out. I nuzzled my head into the nook of his neck, holding onto him like it was the end of the world.

My body then touched a mattress that pulled me in, but I kept my arms around Griffon. I needed something or someone to hold onto, to tell me it was all alright.

"So much," I muttered out between my cries, and Griffon snuggled next to me, rubbing my head in a gentle motion.

"I know, darling, so much has happened." He whispered, his voice smooth and suave, "Too much for you to handle."

I shut my eyes and pressed my lips to his neck, not in a seductive way, but just a peck to tell him thank you.

                  "I love you," I accidentally whispered, my eyes snapping wide open when I realized what I had said. Of course I had meant it-- but right now wasn't the right time. A blush coated my cheeks and I shut my eyes even tighter. Griffons chest shook as he chuckled, holding me tighter. His lips touched my forehead gently, and I didn't expect him to respond.

But moments later his lips pressed a kiss on my cheek, before moving to my ear.

 "I'm not very good with words," He nervously answered, "So I'm not really good at being romantic."