Chapter Nine

It was early morning when Lexa heard Tia cry. She dragged herself out of bed, still not over last night. She couldn't believe Clarke lied to her to protect her. Clarke didn't realize how much she hated her for leaving her. Leaving her after she got shot. If she had known, she could have helped. She wouldn't have made Clarke choose. She wouldn't have done a lot of things. When she walked in, she saw Tia squirming in the crib. Picking her up like Clarke taught her, she swayed back and forth with her. Lexa knew Tia must be hungry, but she didn't know what to do, so she brought her to Clarke.

"Hey Clarke. Tia needs fed." Lexa nudged Clarke with her foot.

Clarke shortly got up after that and fed Tia. Lexa couldn't believe that they bought a house and they all have a child. Lexa wandered around the different rooms. She eventually wandered into Bellamy's room. It was huge. A king size bed and a desk and bookcase. A closet near the bathroom. She could hear the shower running. She sat down on the bed waiting for him to come out. When he did, he came out naked.

"Bell! Towel!" Lexa shouted.

"Well sorry. Didn't expect someone on my bed." Lexa still had her eyes closed.

"We need to talk about last night." Lexa peeked through her hands.

"Okay. What do you want to talk about?" Bellamy had a towel on now.

"Why did you not tell me? You made friends with me. You became my best friend. You were hiding secrets from me for 9+ months. You lied to me." Bellamy froze.

"You know why Lex. Clarke didn't want me to tell you. She didn't want to stress you out." Bell finally spoke.

"You keep telling me about what Clarke wanted. But you are your own self. You chose not to even after Clarke left. She never went on a mission, did she?" Bellamy shook his head no, "So why, Bell? Why did you not once tell me? I know it wasn't because of Clarke."

"I didn't want to lose you okay? You had eventually become one of my best friends and a sister. I was going to tell you, but we grew closer. I didn't want to hurt you." Bellamy kept going through his hair with his hand.

"Bell... You know I could never hate you forever." Lexa said softly.

"Really? Because do you not remember when you were hating Clarke for leaving you. For choosing the trip? I didn't want you to feel like that again. I didn't want to ruin you." Bellamy sat beside Lexa.

"You were there for me, Bell. You were there after I got shot. You were there after Clarke left. You have been my best friend for 9+ months. You having a child with Clarke hasn't hurt me. But you lying about it and not telling me why Clarke left is what's hurting." Lexa said, "I don't know what or who to trust anymore. You know that my trust can be altered immediately."

"I know Lex. I know. I never wanted this to happen. I wish you could trust me again, like before Clarke left. Please Lex. I need my best friend back." Bellamy was practically begging at Lexa.

"I don't know yet, Bell. It will take time. Maybe one day." With that Lexa left, leaving Bellamy sitting on the bed.